Wednesday 22 December 2010

Lurking lurgy

 When husband felt ill at the weekend,and was unable to come to the carol service, it did cross my mind that he had picked up another bug. Yesterday I had a very itchy throat, and felt very tired. I have developed a hacking dry cough accompanied by a cold sore. Husband went back into work as he had a meeting, but didn't know he would have to speak at that meeting. As he has been doing a good impression of Charles Aznovoice for the past few weeks, this was not fun.
The charity furniture collectors did not arrive, but when I rang was told yes they had been, at 10,30. Their calling card had lodged between the flaps of the letterbox. I did not leave the house all morning, except to walk to the bird table about 10 feet from the house. My bell is working too. Perhaps they used cotton wool to knock at the door?
When I worked for MANWEB, I once received a letter asking if we could pleases send out a meter reader who had enough strength left to knock on the door after climbing the stairs. It made me smile at the time.
As regards our present lurgy, I reckon Grandma thinks she has had a narrow escape.
Hope you are all well. Cough cough! Vicks first defence wouldn't have got this one as my nose is ok! Ah me! Still all the shopping is done, except for perhaps a smidgeon of Clotted cream to go with my Christmas pud......

No comments:

Post a Comment