Monday 21 February 2011

Big Sister is watching you

I am a little late blogging this week, partly due to having the family round yesterday, partly due to having had 3 bad nights in a row and feeling like nothing on earth last evening. I didn't make it to the evening service which is just as well as I spent part of the time dozing.
It hasn't been a very exciting week, we did go to the dentist me for a checkup, husband for a check up and a replacement filling. I spent most of one morning trying to order 2 items online, eventually succeeded, and have had one item delivered very quickly, (a new chimney for the lamp). I found one on eBay eventually,  A few sites had them but ordering proved difficult.
Daughter came round on Tuesday afternoon as her water was off again. Baby has started having tastes of solid food, so tried out his new high chair. Also on Tuesday I picked up a very nice bunch of a dozen red roses at half the price they were on Monday. Unromantic? Perhaps, but Valentine's day is just a money spinner, and we have never really bothered much with it. I do sometimes top up husband's chocolate store, as it is slightly down since Christmas.
I made it to our ladies' meeting, we had students from EMF in Welwyn. these people often apologise for their poor English, but hey I have no knowledge whatsoever of  Slovenian, Romanian, Hungarian etc. I took our German friend home again, so decided to pop in on Daughter to collect my small set of steps which she borrowed. I spent some time playing with Grandson, whilst she flitted around doing little jobs. She had a friend coming round who has a 5 week old.  She said she had got more done in that short space of time than she had all day. I said that if ever she needed time I would always look after Nathaniel.
On Friday morning I visited my friends at the dance class. They are getting very good and use canes for some routines now. I think I would be hazard with a cane. Baby's photo's were much admired.
That afternoon I went to Daughter's and took Baby out for a walk whilst Daughter sorted the study. I soon realised that the pavements in our town are not buggy friendly. We walked down the hill  across the canal bridge round to Sainsbury's. I walked around Sainsbury's but only saw one person that I know. Baby was very solemn, and hardly took his eyes off my face. I showed him a cat and a dog, but he was nonplussed. He fell asleep as we walked round to my house, I managed to get him down the front steps and into the house without waking him. I nipped up to the bathroom, then managed to get him out again and up the steps whilst he still slept. As I pushed him up the hill, I reflected that I used to push Son up there when Daughter first started school. That must have been about 25 years ago. I must admit I wasn't as fast as  used to be. We arrived back at Daughter's, Baby had woken about halfway up the hill, still very solemn, but soon after arriving home  and taking off his coat he was wreathed in smiles and indeed chuckling. He seems to have quiet periods like this. Last evening he was really shouting, trying out his voice range.
I seem to have some sort of a cold, but not one that involves lots of sneezing. I am due for a meds review this week, I always hate going for those. A while ago one GP said I don't need a cholesterol test every year, but a different GP organised the blood test and insisted on one. I hate making appointments, we have to make them at 8 am.
The week before last I was somewhat annoyed to have 2 callers, both wanting to us to change our energy suppliers. Both in red fleeces, but according to the second one not from the same company. Husband was home when the second one arrived and quickly joined me at the door to endorse the 'We are not interested'. I know that we should never change on the doorstep anyway, and have heard of people getting in a real muddle. As I closed the door I sighed, 'I wish I had some way of seeing who is at the door before going into the hall'. A spy hole isn't feasible with our UPVC door.

 Natahaniel tries some food
Nathaniel tries out his voice range
My new Amaryllis
Nathaniel tries cream cheese
Husband was soon on my case. We now have an infra red camera. with a screen to be installed in the dining room so that I can check who is there before I answer. Hopefully it will be installed next weekend when our new Maplin store opens and husband can buy the necessary cable. So if you come to my front door, beware I may not let you in ;>)

1 comment: