Saturday 2 July 2011

A bit more lucid

I have just read yesterday's post and realised the mistakes in it! However, I had a reasonable night, the 'block' has now worn off, and the pain is minimal except when I do my physio exercises. Husband did the shopping and mostly obeyed the list, whilst he was out I lay on the sofa for a much needed doze, I also checked my BP which had been sky high yesterday morning, pre-op. it is now a respectable 126/65.
The problem came when I tried to raise myself up from the sofa, I couldn't. I eventually managed, but not without pain. I have taken some pain killers, not the ones offered by the hospital.they wanted me to have diclofenac. When I had a previous op I was given voltarol, (the same), then when the doctor realised I was asthmatic, she said I wasn't  to have any more.Also in the past NSAIDS have given me stomach pains. They also wanted me to have Co codamol, which again depresses the breathing. I occasionally take those, but only if desperate, and then only one.

I am grateful to God for the measure of my recovery so far, and thank everyone who has prayed for me.I hope to be able to get to church tomorrow, at least in the morning. I will endeavour to post some pics of the 'revised' front garden with the new plants.


3 roses,a new fuchsia and lavender in the middle tier
showing my planters a bit more




the dahlia which I fell in love with

No comments:

Post a Comment