Friday 23 December 2011

Counting down to Christmas

Christmas flower arrangement
 I am really quite cross with my blog, I typed a whole load at the beginning of the week, and came back to add to it,. then the first lot I had written disappeared. I wrote about husband's trip to the dentist as he has another infection, and more antibiotics, about Daughter and I going to M K to look for a hat for her for a wedding , and how neither of us had a working mobile, and how we were late home. I wrote about me losing another pound, and looking after Nat, and his antics, none of which I can now remember. I also said about husband picking up his Mum on Friday, and how we had Nathaniel to stay  to stay for the weekend as Mummy and Daddy went to said weddding. Nathaniel seemed to enjoy himself, although woke up at 11pm for a short while, then again at 5.35 am!  we took hime to church with us and he fell asleep during the sermon. Now I have caught up!
On Sunday his Mum and Dad came round for lunch, having stayed overnight in London. We had roast lamb, and then a few of us tried to grab some shuteye. We rushed out for the carol service, daughter was doing creche at their church, so took Nathaniel, and we went off to our church, where I discovered I had forgotten the specially made mince pies. Husband wouldn't let me go home for them. The church was so full that we had to sit really near the front. 9 lovely carols, and my voice held out. There were so many mince pies that mine were not needed.
On Monday I spent a lot of time printing out our news letter, and doing a photo sheet. I also went to the surgery to collect form for my full blood count test to be repeated, then in the afternoon I went to the pathology dept. for another blood test. Only a small  bruise this time.  I made the almond paste and put it on teh cake in the evening  Tuesday morning, so fed up with coughing at night, I made an appointment with the doctor. They were quite booked up, so I had to see my least favourite doctor. The appointment was not till 4.50, so after spending time doing cards, going for a walk etc we had lunch and later went to see Daughter. I left Mum in Law there whilst I went for my appointment.  I now have a course of Amoxil but am still resorting to Benylin night. to help me sleep.
At WW on Wednesday I had lost a further pound despite eating a few mince pies. Sainsbury's was heaving with people, but I didn't spend an awful lot for a change..I posted some more cards, having posted the last of the parcels on Tuesday.  I collected Nathaniel on Thursday, and Great Grandma came out with me to collect the papers. Then I showed her Dunelm mill, I could see people saying 'Ah' as they passed in cars and realised that a little person was fast asleep.
This morning I picked him up again, and later took Grandma into town for a shampoo and set at  my hairdressers. I carried on to the bank, and sorted some money, then decided to call in at the optician's, on the offchance that my repaired specs were back. Eureka, they were. I went into a card shop, which was too crowded, and had to walk very close to the display.on my way out. As I left the shop I realised that Nat had 2 cards in his hand! I hastily went back in and replaced them on the display, watching him carefully as we left. 'Back home I tried to wrap presents, at husbands's desk, but Nat grabbed scissors, then unravelled ribbons, he tried to grab the mouse, the mouse ball, and anything he could get his hands on. in the end he settled for Grandad's wind up torch. I was quite relieved when his Mum who had half a day came to collect him.  Now the house is clean, well almost, Grandma has washed up,and all presents are wrapped, and I've actually hung up most of the cards. I marzipanned and iced the cake earlier this week too. All that remains is for me to wish all my blog readers a very Happy Christmas- Joy to the world the Lord is come.
Holly and Ivy cake

PS My blood count is coming down, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment