Tuesday 5 November 2013

A first Birthday

So far behind with this blog. The week after we came back I had lots of washing and stuff to do, I had an appointment at the asthma clinic on the Monday morning, so walked down there . My peak flow wasn't too bad, almost hit the preferred figure. We visited the local garden centre, I needed to redo my pots for the winter, so lots of winter flowering pansies, some cyclamen, a few bulbs, and husband bought some stuff too.  I made use of the garden club vouchers I had received. It's strange really, when I was much younger I never saw myself as a gardener, but I do love flowers, and like the garden to look pretty.  I made it to WW, had stayed the same, which is great considering what I had eaten whilst away.
I had a trip to Argos to buy a Birthday present for a special little lady. We visited the grandchildren, lovely to see them after a week away. When we got home on the Saturday, I opened the letter from the GP which requested that I made a routine appointment to discuss my blood test results, When I rang there were no routine appointments, so I had to ring early in the morning for a same day appointment. What it boils down to is that my white cell count is up again, not too high, not sinister, but the Doctor wants to keep an eye on it. It could have been from the cold I'd had, but  have to repeat the test mid November. The thyroid bit was ok, so I'll have to find something else to blame for my current inability to loose weight, and my constantly breaking nails.
By the Saturday, I was feeling a bit unwell, thinking it down to Nathaniel coughing over me. We drove up to see them, and gave Lydia her presents, and gave Nat some fire trucks so he didn't feel left out. Daughter had been busy and made a lovely peter Rabbit cake. Despite taking her first steps at 10 and a half months, Lydia had shown little interest in walking, but that week she had really taken off.
We had bought her a Fisher Price buggy and doll to help her walking confidence, but she was walking well without them.  A whole year since Lydia was born, now where did that go?
We left to do our shopping. As it was a wet day, Daughter and husband took the children to a garden centre which has a cafe, they had a nice lunch, then the children played in the soft play area.
We went back to their home at about 5.30 for a lovely Birthday tea. Daughter had over catered, but it was all delicious, and so was the cake. It was the same recipe as her husband had used to make hers.
Opening the present

Peter rabbit cake

Buggy from Nanna and Grandad

teatime with daddy

Chocolate cake

chocolate face

What's next?
We didn't stay too late, as I was feeling increasingly rough, was coughing, and showing symptoms of sinusitis. I began to wonder if the Vick's first Defence had in fact driven the cold into my sinuses.  I coughed and coughed during the night, didn't get to sleep till after 3 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment