Thursday 27 March 2014

Marching onward.

Since the weekend away, at the beginning of March we have kept busy. I had another appointment with the Osteopath, he thinks I need one more treatment. We also saw the dentist, and I needed a couple of small fillings. We have minded the Grandchildren almost as normal, we went to the garden centre, husband bought some stuff to perk up the lawn and gave it its first cut.
Husband has also done more tidying in the garden, power washed the paving between the terrace and the house, and tidied and cleaned the patio.
I dug out some material I had bought ages ago, and tried to pin the pattern on to it. Unfortunately, there was not enough material, so I had to buy another pattern, and have now cut out a skirt.
We had a few very warm sunny days, but it has now gone cold again, and we are back to having rainy days too. However everything in the garden is doing well, we have shoots on fuchsias which don't usually appear till much later, and it's good to see the trees coming into leaf and the local magnolias blooming.
My back has been much better, I've just got to be sensible with it, my knee still plays up, so I have to be careful how I come downstairs, trying not to twist on the turn in the staircase. Although I did lose some weight a while back, the weekend away undid the good work, so I'm a bit intermittent with weightwatchers at present.
I bought some lined walking trousers online, and one company duplicated the order, the lady was quite surprised by my honesty, but my conscience would not let me keep something I hadn't paid for.
The opticians had one frame left the same as mine, so I ordered a new pair. Boots Buxton left a message saying a pair of glasses had been found, so I sent our Son a text asking if he fancied a trip to Buxton.
Very efficiently, he rang the shop, and ascertained that they were not my specs as they were bifocals. I was partly glad as I'd just forked out for the new pair, although if they had been mine spares are always handy for me.
For world book day, the nursery class had to dress up as characters from an Eric Carle book. Nathaniel's Mum, clever girl, made him a costume. I'll leave you to guess who he was.

Mum in Law had written to her consultant about her shoulder as she has been in pain ever since her op. She blames it on the rotator cuff tear, but I still have one tear, and don't get pain. She wouldn't take pain killers as she was under the impression that they would affect her eye drops. Her eye consultant has told her not to worry about that, and now the shoulder consultant has said she must try pain relief, and if that doesn't work, he will do a shoulder replacement, which also might not be successful. At coming up to 90, I am surprised surgery is on offer.
I'm still sleeping better on the new mattress, it's great fun when we have to turn it, but it won't have to be done so regularly after the first 12 weeks. We still haven't done anything about the Dunlopillo one, but I'm thinking of phoning a local charity, Emmaus, to ask them to take it.
Somebody likes our prunus

garden pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment