Sunday 25 July 2010

I think I 'll name our house Sleepy Hollow

Well, reading last week's title, I can honestly say that nothing has changed. Sunday night it was 4 am again before I slept. probably this time through overeating. We didn't have anyone call in after Church, and I overdid the cake. However I have tried to remedy this a bit, no cake, biscuits, only the occasional Hall's mentholyptus for my cattarh, and only a little bread, and that Weightwatchers bread. As a result I have lost 3lb. I am still tired though, still unable to get off to sleep. I get into bed,  pull the duvet over, too hot, push duvet off, too cold, lie on side , neck uncomfortable, get up and shut window, kick duvet off again, eventually drift off to sleep. living in a terraced house can be cosy in the winter, but downright uncomfortable in hot weather
I walked into town, can't remember if it was Monday or Tuesday, to take in a repeat prescription form.
I wandered around town looking for cups. I used to buy Woolworth's Country Lane for everyday use, I have loads of plates and saucers, but about 3 cups left, one of which is chipped, another has a crack in it, only one is whole. None of the charity shops have any, although I did once find some in a charity shop in Bexhill. It sames a shame to buy a new complete set when I have so many plates left. Does anyone else miss Woollies?
I had a phone call from my friend C, she was desperate for a chat with someone, she had had a fall on Sunday, at home and was feeling quite low. I tried to cheer her up, but don't know if I succeeded. I had spent part of the morning chatting to my neighbour about watering plants when she goes away. She did some of ours at the front when we were away. I felt guilty with so much chatting and not getting on
On Wednesday when I got up I could not find my thyroxine. I hunted everywhere but to no avail. there were 2 left in the strip, so I thought, enough to tide me till I picked up the new lot.So I just took my BP tablet and hoped for the best. After I got back from Sainsbury's and unpacked shopping, I had lunch, sat down with a newspaper, and fell asleep. I found it hard to wake up, and began to wonder if it was the lack of thyroxine, but it was probably more lack of sleep. I remembered throwing an empty strip away, as by a quirk of going away and taking some with me, I had 2 strips going at one point. Eventually I decided there was nothing for it but to grab a binbag and empty the bin bit by bit. There was not a lot in my kitchen bin, and I soon found the strip, and yes it was the one with tablets in it. I checked again and there were three.The tablets are quite small really, only about 5mm, and I probably wasn't wearing my glasses when I threw them away, excuses excuses.
On Wednesday I also went into Dunelm looking for cups, but didn't like their designs. I managed to get our meal quite early, as I wanted to nip up to daughter's, as Son and wife were going to be there, and I wanted to give them something. Husband said he would come, so I slipped my shoes on (I am nearly always barefoot at home, and it can be hazardous) and off  we went, using my car as it was still out from my shopping trip.
They were all out in the garden, son-in law cooking on a disposable barbecue, cough, cough, cough! We hadn't been there long when daughter said, 'Mum you are wearing odd shoes!' I looked down, and there they were one tan, one cream. I burst out laughing, and thought 'That will teach me to look down when I slip shoes on' I hope I wasn't wearing that combination in Sainsbury's, Son commented that at least they were a similar style. We congratulated Daughter-in-Law on her new job, but she has to undergo so many checks that it will take a while. This is because of doctors who were into terrorism, and as E spent 6 months working abroad about 4 years ago, it is more complicated than the usual CRB, which takes forever.
I walked  into Town on Thursday too, to collect my prescription. Our Ladies' meeting and parent and toddlers are not on in the school holidays, So I was at a loose end.
On Friday I rang C to see if I could go over to see her, but no one answered I was getting on with some housework, and her husband rang and apologised, they had been at the doctor's. C said she would like to see me, but was feeling very low. I abandoned the housework, friends are more important, and drove over, praying that I would say the right things to her. She was very low when I arrived, apparently the fall had knocked her for 6 and she was suffering from the aftermath. I sat down beside her, and eventually she asked me to help her sit up a bit more. She began  to talk a bit more, and I felt that by the time I left she was a little better.
Mum-in -law was back at the hospital this week, the consultant is quite pleased with her and the  hole he made in her eye seems to have reduced the pressure. If this continues, she may be able to have the cataract done on that eye. She seems to want to remain independent, and this should help.
We have actually had some rain a couple of times this week but mainly overnight, and not the torrential stuff my sister in Wales has had. The garden seems to have recovered from the drought when we were away, the raspberries are nearly finished, so more work soon cutting back canes and tying new ones. We have quite a few blueberries this year, and even the original bush has more than the 3 it produced last year.
Well I'd better go and get the kettle on, time for church soon. We had a sermon on the 4th Commandment this morning. I'm hoping that writing a blog doesn't break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment