Sunday 22 April 2012

Too many April showers have come our way!!

 Sorry for not blogging for a while, life seems so busy, but I'm still not sleeping too well, and find myself napping when I get comfy on the sofa. I eased back into having Nathaniel quite well. There were no real problems except husband leaving things within his reach, but if they get taken or messed up, he doesn't get annoyed. Nat has used the potty properly a couple of times, and looks a bit startled when he actually sees something in there.  The first time I flushed the contents away, he applauded!
When I took him home on the Thursday evening he went and stood on the sill of the French window, and shouted 'eaddy teddy gah' and raced towards me. I found this highly amusing as over the weeks when he has stood there, I have said 'ready, steady, go', and got him to run. He is absolutely fascinated by all types of fasteners, and often when I come to put him in the booster seat to feed him, I find the strap already done up.
He was trying to do the popper up on my coat, and got frustrated that he couldn't manage it. I showed him how and said 'there we are' he came back with 'we are'. Must be extra careful about my speech now as he is repeating things.
On the Saturday we were running late as usual, and I missed a call from Mum in Law, whilst in town. I'd only spoken to her earlier that morning. I rang her straight back and she said that she had had a phone call to say that her friend who had been so badly injured last August, had died. It was a very difficult situation, the lady had been in pain for years and was very depressed and had jumped from a motorway bridge, She was found alive on the verge the next day, and had been airlifted to a hospital in London. She had had many injuries, but got several infections, and despite the physio she had was unable to walk, the infections had attacked her brain, and she wasn't always 'with it'.  She was transferred to a hospital nearer her home, and about 3 weeks ago to an expensive nursing home, but became even more unresponsive, and then got a lung infection.
This has all affected Mum in Law really badly, she was discouraged form visiting, as she was told it would upset her too much.She has however been offered a lift to the funeral, I had offered, but it's one of the days on which I have Nathaniel. The lady's family need prayer too, although the husband seemed to have accepted that there would be no miracle. He is now alone as the boys are both married.
On the Sunday we had a different preacher, as Pastor was at the Banner Youth conference. It was a shorter sermon, so we had lunch earlier than usual, and I managed to get out for a walk. The weather here has not been good, and there was no one else walking along the canal bank. It has been cold and so wet since the hosepipe ban was announced. We have had lots of hail too.
On Monday I babysat Nathaniel whilst Daughter went somewhere where she didn't want to take him. he has become fascinated by books and brings 2 or 3 to be read. I noticed that Daughter is almost word perfect on 'the tiger who came to tea'. I spent quite a lot of time ironing later, it's amazing how it builds up. On Tuesday I was off to the physio after lunch again. She keeps increasing the ultrasound, and the magna pulse, and has added an exercise. However I had quite a lot of soreness the day after, which is quite discouraging.
Wednesday at WW my weight was down by 1lb, the first time in weeks. I do need to have willpower though, as when I'm overtired I seem to snack more. I have inspired 2 family members to go, one has done very well, the other not so well, but she was following another plan before, so it wasn't such a shock to her system.
I dashed round Sainsbury's, got the shopping, went home, had a quick lunch and then out to parent and toddler's. One of the church mum's had given birth that very day! She didn't come I hasten to add, but she now has 3 girls and one boy. There was a good attendance despite the showers, and we had a new mum and toddler join us. Afterwards I felt quite exhausted, and fell asleep just before 5 pm.
On Thursday I picked Nathaniel up and  brought him to our home. We went to Sainsbury's, then to Dunelm Mill, where I bought a few card making bits. The day went by quite quickly as he has quite long afternoon nap, and I dozed, then got on with some housework. When I took him home Grandad arrived for a visit, so Nathaniel played to the gallery.
 Friday we went into town, I walked with the buggy, I had to transfer some money to pay some bills. I treated him to lunch in M&S, and he enjoyed a ham toastie. Then I let him walk on the reins for a bit, in fact he walked right to the bus stop, and walked very well. His aversion to reins seems to have disappeared. When we were in Eastbourne a couple of weeks ago, I bought him a children's story bible. He brought it to me,and I read the story of Noah to him, I said 'this is your bible, and he said 'Bible' Later after his nap, when I was trying to get him to eat his dinner I said. 'come on, eat up' and he echoed 'eat up', so he is getting there with language skills. He got very wet walking through the puddles back to our car to go home.
Yesterday I was late up again, we pottered a bit, then took the car into town,did the shopping and bought sandwiches, then drove to the garden centre and ate lunch on their car park. We bought compost, some solar lights which were on offer, as some of ours no longer work; a tomato growbag, and some strawberry and tomato plants. I will leave the bedding plants till next moth when the daff foliage has died back a bit.
 I spoke to both sisters on the phone yesterday.
Today, whilst going into church I had an attack of my palpitations, so we decided to sit in the church hall whilst I recovered. The service is relayed through, so we had comfortable seats too. It was visiting speaker, our pastor was in Bradford on Avon. It was a challenging sermon about backsliding, and how easy it is to long for worldly things, I found it very thought provoking. Later after a roast chicken dinner and a doze I went out for my usual walk, I'll try and upload some pictures.
Looking grown up in his sweater

My best terracotta planter

nearby green fields being ripped up for housing

Topiary peacock, once destroyed by vandals, now happily regrown

The swan family were around


Just look at those clouds!

Red Kite


 Just as I came round the back way, the red kite put in appearance, and helpfully circled overhead. I said a quiet, ' Thank you Lord' as I've been wanting to snap him for ages. Another good sermon this evening, then a chat with Mum in law rounded off the day, Hope you all have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment