Tuesday 3 April 2012

Marching into April

I have a feeling that there are a couple of things which I have neglected to mention on my blog. A couple of weeks ago, we couldn't get hold of my Mum in Law, her phone was off the hook again. When I managed to reach her by phone, I was busy telling her off for not putting the receiver back, when she told me that she had had a fall. She had been about to cross the entrance to a supermarket car park, and was waved across by a van driver. She hurried, tripped and fell on her face. Two men stopped to help her, and an ambulance was summoned.
Nothing was broken, but she had a bruised face, 2 black eyes, a bump on the head and a cut lip. I don't know why she did not tell us before, but there was not much we could do from 100 miles away.
The second thing which I didn't mention, was that whilst eating dinner a couple of weeks ago I managed to lose a crown, and probably swallowed it. So last week I had a trip to the dentist, and have another appointment to have impressions taken. Unfortunately some of the 'peg' of the tooth has broken off, so I may have to try and get a cancellation, as the tooth is now very sharp.
Daughter didn't go into work last Thursday, nor did Son in Law, so I had a break from looking after Nathaniel. I still didn't manage to get to  Women's hour though. I'm still very tired, and napping after lunch when possible, but often am woken by someone ringing to try and sell me something. I've been spending time trying to catch up on things which need doing, I've caught up with the housework a bit, and got to the bottom of the ironing pile, but then spoilt it by  doing more washing!
On Friday my services were required for a spot of babyminding. Daughter's in Law's neighbours had revamped their kitchen and were chucking out  a perfectly good dishwasher, so Son in law had hired a small van to go and collect it.  They wanted to borrow our trolley, and for me to keep a curious Nat out of the way whilst they removed the dishwasher from the van and put it in the kitchen. Nat wasn't happy. I had to shut various doors to keep him out of the way, and he was soon on tiptoes trying to open the door to the hall. I managed to dissuade him, and eventually, corners of his mouth turned down, he climbed up for a cuddle. That was rather  nice and by the time Daughter came back into the room he was asleep. An early nap fitted in nicely with the time when they were to return the van.
Most of my daffs are out in the garden, and for the first time in 2 years one of my indoor orchids had bloomed. Only 2 flowers, not variegated this time, but like twins.
The others are doing pretty well too.


Husband came home early on Friday, later we packed and went down to visit Mum in Law. We arrived  at around 10 pm after stopping at the services for a bite to eat. We had a very good run, and husband had managed to fill the tank with petrol, despite the fiasco caused by an incompetent government.
We were pleased to see that Mum in Law's bruises have faded, she still has a bump on her forehead, and one on her lip. It has knocked her confidence a bit, but she was quite keen to come into Eastbourne with us on the Saturday.
We had lunch in our usual place, and then wandered round shops, not buying very much. after a while I felt we had both probably had enough, indeed as we walked back to the car my hip was aching. So I was glad to get into the car and wait for husband. When we got back to the bungalow I tried to have a doze, I had slept a bit better than I sometimes do there, but still needed a doze. I spent time reading the papers and husband was pottering doing things. he is still determined to get Mum In Law using a mobile phone, and would like to get her on the computer, which really only gets used now when we are there.
On the Sunday Mum in law went off to her church service at 9.30 am, and was back in time to come with us to the church we go to when there. Afterwards she treated us to lunch out at the local hotel,  then we came back, husband had a long doze, I had a shorter one, and went and packed. We didn't leave very early, as Mum in Law got out the cake she had bought, cut herself a large slice, and gave us the rest to bring home. we were still full from lunch, so only stopped for a drink on the way back.
Yesterday was Husband's Birthday, and he had booked the day off. He intended to go for a walk, and set off to walk where he used to take the children on a Saturday sometimes to get them out of my hair. He got back earlier than I expected, and he was complaining that the path is no longer there, they are building houses Later we went up to the old High Street, and browsed the antique/junk shops. I think we have watched too much antiques road trip! He treated himself to a silver plated candlestick and snuffer. Afterwards we drove round where he should have walked, and discovered that the path does still exist, he hadn't gone quite far enough. They are however building houses where he said, it will be interesting to see if they are building on a right of way. A short trip to a garden centre, where the cafe had just closed rounded off our afternoon.
Today I was up early, as J L have promised to deliver the bed to the correct address. I haven't heard anything yet, they are supposed to ring about half an hour before arrival. They are probably doing the route the other way round today.  I hope they hurry, as I'm due at physio this afternoon again.
Sadly, husband took a phone call yesterday to say that our eldest church member had died, she was about 96. She hasn't been well lately, and had gone into a home. Now she is truly home with her Saviour, and we thank God for that and for her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment