Thursday 17 April 2014

Yet another BIrthday

So, we had Lydia for a couple of mornings again, but she's no trouble, she tends to go up for a nap, and then I nip out, and when I get back she is still asleep, so I have my lunch then wake her to give her her lunch. By the time she has finished, it is well past the time when we have promised to have her back, so we take her home and have a little chat with Daddy and Nathaniel, before going back home.
We had a chap from London preaching on the Sunday, he was quite good. On the Monday I had an appointment with the Osteopath, as it was April 1st I half expected an April fool joke, but just got a couple of whacky anecdotes. On The Tuesday, we popped over to Watford after lunch. I have broken a handle on the tray in my sewing box, and wanted to look for a new one, John Lewis didn't have any, We also went over to Hobby craft, whilst they had sewing baskets,as in J L, they didn't have what I wanted. I think I may have found a replacement on Amazon, but they are now called hobby boxes.
On the Wednesday it was husband's Birthday, he opened lots of cards, then I popped to WW, and had quick  trip to Sainsbury's. Husband didn't seem to know what he wanted to do so I suggested a walk in Wendover Woods. We had lunch in the cafe in the woods, or rather, sitting outside. We had a ploughman's each, very plentiful, but before we finished felt a few drops of rain.
Undeterred we donned waterproofs and went for a walk. The rain did not last, and we enjoyed our walk. Later we drove back the scenic route. Husband loves driving on country lanes, I don't because to me the hedges spin past and I end up with motion sickness. However, it wasn't too bad that day.
The family came around to see Grandad blow out his candles, then we later had a special meal including profiteroles.
Husband in the woods

Uprooted tree showing the chalk of the area

Close up of pine

'Ducks head' on a tree
I wonder what was in the black binbag down in the dip?

Strange deposits on trees tump

These white flowers were everywhere

in Close up


We looked after Lydia again on Thursday and Friday morning, I spent the afternoons ironing, and then we packed for our visit to North Wales. We didn't set off terribly early, but had a very reasonable run, although we did use the M6 toll road. We stopped at Watford Gap for lunch, and Sainsbury's Chester for food shopping. We arrived at the bungalow we were renting at around 6 pm, unloaded the car, then I partially unpacked, then popped over to my sister's home for the evening, whilst husband recovered from the driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment