Friday 21 November 2014

From childminding to dog minding

On the following Monday I awoke early with palpitations, I dealt with those, and decided that as I was up, I would stay up. We had a trip to the dentist, no, I tell a lie, we had 2 trips to the dentist. I was convince that our appointments were 10.00 and 10.30, but when we got there, we were told that it was 11.30,and 11.55. so we came home and did something else, then went back for our fillings. I wasn't told not to eat anything, but my mouth stayed frozen for quite a while,and I ended up biting the inside of my cheek. I have to go back for another filling, and husband for a filling and a crown prep.
That evening, our Son and his wife arrived, and stayed for about an hour. Their childminder was taking a week off, for half term, so they had taken time off they were heading for Lille in France.
Out Daughter and her family had been hesitating about booking a holiday, but when our Son heard he said, 'Come to Lille with us'. Daughter had been able to book the same apartment hotel, but they had gone on the Sunday evening.
Tom was left with us and the family departed for their overnight stop before catching the ferry the next morning. They all successfully met up, and had a good week.
The next day husband took Tom for a long walk, I had a shorter walk, but was so tired that I spent most of the afternoon asleep, due to my early start the previous day. Wednesday was not such a good day, but Tom got 2 walks as I took him around the big block early in the evening. he is still as soppy as ever,  and constantly comes and rests his head on me, if I have the laptop out, it's all I can do to keep it on my lap.
On the Thursday, we both needed to go into town, so we took him with us, each taking it in turns to have him whilst the other went into shops. One lady fell totally in love with him, even bending down to kiss him, I kept a tight hold on his lead as I thought she might waltz off with him she was so smitten.
Eventually husband and I met up again, and he walked Tom back up the hill whilst I hopped on a bus. During the week I had phoned a couple of bike shops and discovered that the first one we had attempted to visit in Watford did stock the bike normally, but he offered to order one for me. When I said I was unsure which colour, he said he would order both; what a helpful man!
On the Friday it was a beautiful day, so we took Tom out. We went in the car to the World's End garden centre, husband went in the cafe, and chose what he wanted, then stayed outside with Tom, whilst I ordered. It was a really hot day, we ate our lunch, I picked up a few plants, and advent candles, then we drove up to nearby Coombe Hill. Later we realised that we had been there exactly 12 months before, only we did it in reverse last time. There were lots more people there this time too, it was more like a summer's day than the last day in October. Tom spent lots of time chasing the ball, we spent some time gazing at the hazy view from the monument, then more ball throwing, and back to the car where Tom had a well earned drink.






The next day we went  for our flu jabs, at a designated time, much better than queuing round the car park, then I did the weekend shopping, whilst husband took Tom for a walk, then later we went over to Watford. Suddenly we  noticed the hordes, and wondering if it had been a good idea, as Watford were playing at home. We managed to find our way round the one way system to the shop, and they had just almost finished assembling one of the bikes. The young assistant was sent to start assembling the other one. We went outside into the street,and the chap had a little ride to check all was assembled correctly, then brought it back for me to try for leg length, saddle height, etc.
The young lad brought another bike through but he had assembled the wrong one, they let me see the colour of the other one,and said that they would assemble it, but I said 'no, it's ok', I'll take the green and white. The other was silver and blue. Then I chose a helmet, and when I came to pay, was told there was 10% off the recommended price. So I got bike and helmet for less than the retail price.
We wheeled it round to where the car was parked. We had taken out the child seats, and with the back seat laid flat, the shop owner and husband just about managed to wiggle the bike into the available space. Not so easy to take out at the other end, but once out, I had a wobbly little ride around the garage area, I thought the seat was a bit high, and it seemed along way to the ground, but hey ho! I'll get used to it. We locked the bike in my rented garage, and husband promised to fit the basket at some time.
Son and his wife and Ethan arrived back at about 3.40 pm. I had made up the bed for them during the week, as they were to stay overnight. We had spag bol, which Ethan ate with his left hand whilst holding his fork aloft in his right hand. He then polished off a yoghurt, and complained till he got a banana. What an appetite! They all 3 went to bed quite early, I suspect they were tired after their journey daughter an her family caught a later ferry, and got home quite late as the M25 was very busy.

1 comment:

  1. Two trips to the dentist? Hang in there! Anyway, these procedures should help you prevent any more problems due to those cavities. Just take care of your fillings and crowns when you get them, to ensure that no other dental complications arise.

    Justene Doan @ A+ Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete