Friday 15 May 2015

A miscellany

Oh my! Is it really 3 weeks since we came home? I am so behind with this blog. Well it hasn't been an over exciting time. the first part of the first week was spent washing, and putting stuff away; looking for a new hairdresser, the 3 in the local 'village' were too expensive, so I checked with the one where I used to go when the children were at primary school, and I got an appointment for the Tuesday morning. I had a mile walk uphill, can't believe I used to do that every day, and it turned out to be pensioner's day, so I got it done even cheaper. We have walked past the old hairdressers a few times, and it's been done up. Husband reckons it's going to be expensive.
We looked after the children as usual on the first week, then on the Friday, late morning we went for a bike ride. As I hadn't ridden much whilst  away, I kept it fairly short, only going as far as Kings Langley. I suffered no ill effects, so I reckon I did drink the caffeinated coffee after all.
On the Sunday afternoon I got  a phone call, asking if we could look after Nathaniel whilst his parents took Lydia to the hospital, as her Daddy had been pretending to be a horse,and she was riding on his back, when she fell off and hit her head on the fireplace. He arrived with pjs, just in case it was a long wait at A&E, we were instructed to get him ready for bed and take him home.
Granddad was napping upstairs when he arrived, but after about an hour I went up and told him, so he came down to play with Nathaniel. We gave him tea,and his parents arrived back at about 6.40pm, too late for us to go to the evening service. The Doctor had checked Lydia over, and glued the scalp wound together. We chatted for a while, then they went home, relieved that it was not a bad injury.
The next day we set off on a bike ride and covered nine and a half miles there and back, we almost made it to Berkhamsted.
Marina

Information board

Clouds
This fellow landed just before we arrived

But we scared him off to the other side

It may have been the Tuesday when we went to the garden centre, mainly for grass seed. We always seem to have bald spots on the lawn.
That week, on the Wednesday, we took the children home and Nathaniel changed into his Doctor's outfit, got out his toy medical kit,and subjected some of us to 'medical' examinations. It was quite lovely to  watch him play. I went to visit our friend C who had been in hospital for a few weeks, she'd had a fairly minor procedure, but had had a complication, and then got a chest infection. Poor lady, she was very low, but I hope I cheered her up a bit.
On the Saturday, we took my bike for the after sales service, I was rather late taking it, as I'd taken a while to do the required 40 miles, and we had such difficulty getting it out of the Focus, so that we wanted to use the bike rack. We went into town for lunch, then to a couple of shops, but Watford had been playing their last game of the season, with an early kick off, and there were fans and police everywhere. It was a bit intimidating when the fans were all going in one direction,and we were going the other way, especially the mob that came through chanting. We stayed a bit later to allow the traffic to die down a bit.
So last week, being a bank holiday week, husband went out on his own on the Monday, I got no rides at all, but he made it to Berkhamsted. I did some walking for exercise but the day I took Lydia in the buggy, it poured with rain, and I got soaked whilst fitting the rain covers. I was glad when Saturday came. Husband took the car for its first wash and brush up under the deal we signed up for at Fords, and then we were off to Watford to collect my bike. we had lunch in the M&S cafe first as there was something I wanted to buy for Mum in Law's Birthday later this month.
We eventually got the cheque for the cancelled insurance, although I had to prompt the AA insurers, apparently they have a backlog, not a good way to do business.
The other big items this last couple of weeks were the birth of a new Royal baby, much guessing went on until the names were announced, then of course we had an election last week. No one came canvassing until the night before, when our local council Conservative hopeful came.
I was very surprised to hear the result, obviously people have not forgiven Labour for what happened last time they were in power, and weren't happy with their leadership.  Our local council have even more Conservative seats, so they still remember who closed most of our hospital services.
We will have to see what happens over the next 5 years, but in the meantime pray for our Government to be given wisdom, and that Christians will be able to live their lives in peace and freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment