Tuesday 11 May 2010

Bread head, or dough say me

I  seem to have got back into routine quite quickly, although having missed the ladies meeting as I was crashed out. The antibiotics seem to be working, but I still had a couple of  nights of coughing. I had the 24 hour heart monitor removed on Friday morning, followed by the echo cardiogram, an interesting experience especially when the sound was turned up and I could hear the sploosh sploosh  of the blood pumping through my heart.It was not painful, but the probe did dig in a bit, it probably wouldn't for someone less well padded.
Saturday was a miserable day, and in view of my cough and wheeziness we took the car into town. We bought yet more garden lights to replace some that have died, then went to Homebase for another tomato growbag. Unfortunately we did not stop at that. and we now have a wooden trough planter at the front, several busy lizzies awaiting planting, and a sweet pepper plant. I meant to get bread but forgot, so after ringing my sister and a very nice pie from the M&S gastro range I set off to Sainsbury's to buy bread amongst other things.
On Sunday morning I woke up and couldn't remember putting the bread away. Gradually it dawned that I had bought potatoes, ice cream, cough sweets and Actimel- but no bread.
I prefer not to shop on a Sunday, we campaigned so hard against it. Whilst wondering if I would make it to church, or even stop coughing enough to listen to a bible reading let alone a sermon, I rummaged through the cupboards and found some slightly out of date wholemeal flour and some past its best before date dried yeast.
I managed to stop coughing and went to the morning service, then whilst I was preparing the dinner the dough was beginning to rise.My usual afternoon doze was interrupted frequently by the timer, but I managed to produce 6 rolls and a loaf of very dense texture.The oven had gone out at one point too.
 Unfortunately when husband came down just before 6pm dressed ready for the evening service I had just briefly awoken from a very deep sleep. I was so zonked I couldn't have coped with church, so stayed at home.
Daughter and Son-in-law came round after church and they appreciated the bread, however  it wasn't really  suitable for sandwiches, so Husband bought his own on Monday. I decide to walk to the hospital, it takes about half an hour, and I had no symptoms on the way, I kept up a good pace too.
The cardiologist was lovely, so sympathetic. Unlike a lot of the old consultants who behaved as if they were gods. He said that the original palpitations could have been anxiety, or the drugs, and he could see why my GP was concerned by my ECG but he didn't think it was a matter of concern; he answered a couple of my questions about the ectopic heart beats I get, and said he thinks I am more sensitive to them than most people. It was all very reassuring, so much so that today my BP was down.
I have been to Watford today. a neighbour's daughter is getting married soon, so I wanted to get  John Lewis gift token for them. I had lunch in M&S, a chilli jacket, they hadn't had  them in our M&S cafe on Saturday,  so I felt deprived! Then after a quick browse round the shopping centre I returned to John Lewis for haberdashery. I met old friends in JL and we chatted for ages. G, the husband is having chemo at present and they were updating me with what had been happening. Good to catch up, and now I can pray intelligently. He has a bone scan tomorrow.
Wow, it's 5pm and I haven't done much today, still there will still be housework tomorrow, so why worry.
Better get on as  husband will be home soon

.

No comments:

Post a Comment