Thursday 20 May 2010

A very mixed week

Well I haven't blogged for a while, I didn't think I had much to blog about. I managed to get my first man's hat knitted for last week's ladies' meeting and was cheered when I walked in with it. Last week we were filling shoeboxes for next Christmas!
We had our usual fairly quiet weekend, Daughter and Son-in Law came round on Saturday, needing to use our Broadband. Things are progressing with the house purchase, but every now and again the seller puts pressure on. Our daughter has a very stressful job and with her being 6 months pregnant, pressure is something she does not need.
I finished my antibiotics but the sinus problem has not fully improved, it is a permanent problem with me, but no doctor seems to want to refer me for treatment. the other problem is improving too. I decided to cut down on carbs this week again and have lost a couple of pounds,but for various reasons have not done so much walking.
On Tuesday I called on my friends C& C. the wife has various health problems  and now has to use a wheelchair. I think I managed to cheer her up, but the doctors tell her there isn't anything they can do for one of her problems and it frustrates her. She cannot knit, sew, read or do a lot of things that most of us take for granted, it makes me so grateful to God for the fact that I have sight, even though I have glasses for reading.
Strangely enough there was an article in the newspaper about something that fitted one of her other problems, I hope that her husband read it, although all it did was confirm that the doctors can do nothing.
 Just lately we have watched the Mill on the Floss, but husband decided it was too miserable, and watched something else using his computer and headphones. It was the version with Bernard Hill as Mr Tulliver. Then on Monday we watched the first of the latest series of Foyle's War. Once whilst visiting the in-laws we went to Hastings and found some of the streets where it is filmed, including Foyle's house.
Daughter came round on Tuesday evening after work, and brought sad news of the death of  a member of their congregation. I knew P, not very well, I taught his son in Sunday School about 12 years ago.
It was quite as shock, apparently he was out running and was hit by a car. It just shows how life can be so fleeting, and how we need to be ready to meet our Maker. I expect I will go to the Thanksgiving service, depending on when it is.
Yesterday was D day for my root canal filling. It dawned with brilliant sunshine and a blue sky.I wore a skirt and T shirt, no jacket, but decided on tights as I do not want to inflict my pale legs on the world. I've tried fake tan, but they all seem to streak, daughter always laughs and says it is a triumph of hope over experience.
It was quite a long procedure, and I had my mouth open for an hour but unable to say a word. Anyone who knows me well will realise that was quite a feat! I was told to expect throbbing, when the injection wore off, and throb it did! However pain killers worked, so I slept ok, Son is still applying for jobs, so those of you who do, could you please pray for him. They have been advised to drop their house price too.
I still can't get used to having a different Prime Minister. I don't know how this coalition will work, but we are supposed to have more MPs sympathetic to the Christian veiwpoint in law making so that can only be a good thing. We don't expect to be better off though.
Got to go and get on with the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment