Sunday 19 September 2010

Another busy week, where does the time go?

Well we found a counsellor, I went up early on Tuesday morning to Daughter's house and helped get baby ready to go out. The clinic we were told about in Luton, we discovered did not start till 1pm. We had two other alternatives, Borehamwood and Watford, so Daughter chose the Watford one. We arrived quite early, then the counsellor, who was actually a nursery nurse arrived. She was very good, very pleasant, and asked if we wanted baby weighed. So poor mite had to be undressed; he is still gaining weight. Whilst he was lying on the changing mat waiting for a clean nappy, he was very unhappy, so I picked him up for a quick cuddle, big mistake! I ended up with a wet cardigan!
I quickly dressed him and he went back to his Mum for a feeding 'demonstration'. the counsellor decided that the tongue tie is the most likely reason for the problems, and gave us the details of a consultant in London who does the snip. Daughter had to get a letter of referral from our GP.
 On Wednesday I did my usual Sainsbury's run, and in the afternoon walked into town to take in my repeat prescription form. I walked through the shopping centre and was going to use the lift to get up to the level where I can leave via a back door for the surgery. Only one lift was working so, I decided to use the stairs. There were at least 4 flights, but I made it to the right level a bit out of puff.
I don't think that I mentioned this but the previous week I had gone into town to collect a parcel which had been sent for Daughter to our address. They would not let me collect it as it had Daughter's name on it. Grrrr! I had to rearrange delivery, and make sure I was in. The postie was as baffled as I was when he brought it.
On Thursday I was all ready to go to the ladies' prayer meeting when I got a call from daughter about something that she was slightly worried about with baby, so I offered to go up and give my opinion. It didn't seem too serious, so as he was having fussy time, and I realised I was now too late for the meeting I offered to try and settle him so Daughter could have some 'Me' time. Daughter chose to have a bath, and when she came down all refreshed  baby was fast asleep on my shoulder. So I still haven't lost my touch.
I have been trying to get the vinyl tiles in the kitchen cleaned and polished, but I spread the task over 2 days. The smell of the polish gave me sneezes, and in some places didn't dry evenly, so I remembered why I had given up on the polish.
Then it was off for another trip into town to collect prescription form, and take it to a pharmacy. Whilst I was waiting for it to be done I went to the health food shop and bought some vitamin B. I always used to take it but haven't for a while.I find it helps me unless I take it too late in the day, then I am unable to sleep. I collected the prescription, and then a had a walk through town. I met a lady who used to go to Weightwatchers the first time I went and we had a good natter and catch up of news. She offered to text me the number of a plumber from whom I can get another quote. Must get the job done before the heating goes back on. We usually wait till after our North Wales trip to switch it on for the winter.
Son and Daughter in law were due to move back up to Cheshire this weekend. Daughter and Son-in Law went over to Essex to help at this end, we were excused as between us we have a variety of back problems, in fact husband is suffering now,
Daughter  dropped her husband in town for a hair cut and then came here so I had an extra few cuddles.  So much for my  I'll just do an hour's ironing'. He was a bit fussy, but I discovered singing to him makes him quieten down. He obviously can't believe his ears, sorry babe!
Daughter's husband walked back up from town to here and they left at around 7pm.
This morning we were running late for church and halfway down the path husband decided his back would not let him rush, so I went on my own. A lady from our ladies' meeting who usually goes elsewhere came. It was good to have our pastor back from his break, and afterwards I gave the lady visitor a lift home as she lives not far from us. Daughter and Son in Law didn't come for lunch today, they had been invited to a church barbecue for folk in their twenties, and as they still just about qualify they decided to go. I must admit when she first said a 'twenties barbecue' I had visions of all the girls in Charleston dresses and Mary Janes, and the lads in sharp suits with two tone shoes. I shows what an unspiritual mind I have these days!
Well it's time top put the kettle on. Please pray for Son and his wife. they are travelling back to Essex today as E has still got 2 days to go at work. They will camp out in the flat and Son will have to clean it. Then on Wednesday E is due to start work in Cheshire, talk bout pressure!
Hope all is well with you and that you have a good week.

3 comments:

  1. My nephew had tongue tie and his feeding certainly improved after that- just took a while. Hope it all gets sorted out. I posted a comment on our last post but it didn`t seem to have worked. Hope this one does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. He does feed but it is his Mum who suffers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i had a lovely cuddle with n on saturday, it was good to help P & E move and see them, praying for them lots x

    ReplyDelete