Sunday 4 September 2011

Mini week, mini heatwave and mini weekend away

A shorter week this week because of the Bank holiday. I had to go into town on Tuesday, because I needed to buy something, I was late leaving home so ended up in M&S cafe again for lunch. this time they did have mini sandwiches for little ones, but I didn't have Grandson with me. I also bought more weed killer, as with all the rain we've had they are prolific, as are the moths, so I added moth spray to my purchases.
I did loads of ironing, but washed another 9 shirts. Having ironed about 7, I couldn't face more, so left them. I had to dry them by hanging them on the shower curtain rail. On Wednesday I  went back to join Weight watchers. I didn't go to my old class, that is on a Thursday, and I decided a morning class on Wednesday would suit me better. As usual I am sceptical, and as it has all changed and is more complicated, will take a while to get used to it.  Then I did the Sainsbury's run, then after lunch, a salad, had to go to Physio. I think that I'm getting to the end of the visits, she has reviewed my exercises, dropped some, and added others. She says she doesn't think I'll ever be posture perfect. (Maybe I should try Alexander technique classes?) I have another appointment in 2 weeks or so
Sadly, as I was very tired, I completely fouled up my propoints by comfort eating, so decided to postpone the start till Thursday, I also threw some cake in the bin!! Thursday was a catchup day, I took an old net curtain down in the bathroom, I had managed to hem it the previous evening, so I gave the window a clean, scrubbed up the windowsill ,and tidied it and it looked 10 times better. Some of our evenings have been spent watching DVDs of  people renovating a Victorian Farm in Shropshire, then farming it for a year, then going back for Christmas the next year. it was all very fascinating, and makes me glad that I have electricity, and a washing machine, although I remember my Nan having a copper boiler and dolly tub, we had a copper boiler when I was a child too. Sometimes we were bathed in front of the fire as small children.
Thursday was the 1st of September and it was really hot. I always said that the weather would improve just as the schools went back. I decided to tackle our side of next doors trees, they had had their side cut during the week. Our side hadn't been touched for months. I got out the hedge trimmer, and hoped my shoulder would hold out. I managed to get it all done, but the bits take ages to clear up.  Next morning I expected to feel stiff, but wasn't too bad.
Friday was hot too. I walked to the shops then sat out for a while after lunch. It was too hot! I drove over to Berkhamsted to collect the baby car seat, but it wasn't in.  The chap I saw last time who had phoned me last week wasn't there, and the lady took my details and promised to phone me. Disappointingly she hasn't. I  then took some bed linen and those 9 shirts to the ironers. I went round to daughter's and had a moan about the car seat, and we sat and chatted for a while. Nathaniel is now toddling really well, very pleased with himself.
 I came home, and had a cuppa, and did some tidying. Husband came home early and said he needed a doze, as we were going away. I left him to it and did some vacuuming, and gathered together some stuff. We were late leaving, about 8pm, but better than driving with husband tired. We stopped at the services for something to eat, and I was tempted by something I shouldn't really have, but took it out of my weekly 'extra' allowance.
It will take me a while to adjust. As we got towards Brighton, we encountered fog. So the last leg of the journey was very tiring. We arrived at Mum-in Laws at about 11pm, and husband went to bed soon after.
On Saturday we went into Eastbourne. Mum-in Law stayed at home as she was tired, but husband got her a new phone as hers had been playing up for ages. We ate sandwiches, sitting on the promenade. Lots of people were around and it was very hot and sunny again.
We spent the evening relaxing, and during the evening Mum-in Law got a phone call from the husband of the friend whom I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  apparently she is getting better, after having been rushed back into intensive care with an infection, either pneumonia, or meningitis, they are not sure which. I think they were reluctant to test for meningitis because of her many injuries. thank you to anyone who prayed for her.
we wathced some of the proms, some film music, but a little disappointing as it was all Hollywood musicals.
Today we went to the local church in Bexhill, St Paul's, where we had a very good encouraging sermon.  It was cloudy and muggy, giving way to rain, then later much cooler with a wind.We had lunch with Mum in Law, then left at around 4.30pm. We stopped for a cuppa and a break at about halfway, arriving home at about 7.30. Husband went to bed at about 9, as he drove all the way. He must have been tired as he didn't even switch the computer on. I must get to bed soon too. I'm trying to get to bed, and get up earlier, as next Thursday Daughter has to go back to work for 2 days a week, so I will be baby sitting. I must make sure I get plenty of sleep

Eastbourne pier

The sea was sparkling, but someone always walks into the picture

The young seagulls were about
So were the fuchsias

No comments:

Post a Comment