Monday 29 August 2011

Bouncing, bonding, buggy riding and Birthday mark 2

I continue, Thursday one of the ladies from Women's hour invited us round, I duly collected our German
friend and arrived somewhat early. It was a good time, we chatted and caught up on news, and spoke to people to whom we don't always speak, mainly because they sit on the opposite side of the church from us, and it isn't dignified to go climbing over pews. We left at about 3.45, and I called in on Daughter for a while. Nathaniel had acquired a few more toys.
On Friday Daughter had visitors coming in the evening, so we had arranged that I was to take Nathaniel off her hands for a few hours. I arrived armed with my new buggy. He was still napping, but soon woke, and I got him ready to take out. I strapped him in the buggy and off we went. It is quite light to push, and just as I was crossing by the shops I saw the bus coming. I made it to the stop, and joy, was the only one with a buggy on board , so didn't have to get him out and collapse it. We got off at the beginning of the shops and I made for M&S, where I planned to take him for lunch for a treat. I picked up a children's lunch, and a sandwich selection for me, but was disappointed to see that the pack contained savoury biscuits, raisins, apple juice and a chocolate lollipop. So he shared some of my sandwiches. We were at a corner table, and his high chair was facing inwards. He was aware of ladies sitting nearby, and put on a real performance of bending over backwards and grinning in an effort to get himself noticed, and the attention he feels is his due. I am afraid my Grandson is an unashamed flirt, and all the ladies respond to him. He had a few of the biscuits, some raisins, but I kept back the chocolate, to be used at his Mum's discretion. He managed the straw in the apple juice really well, only pulling it right out twice.
Having cleared up his mess from the floor, we then went and did a little bit of shopping, before heading for the bus back. I passed the Cornish pasty shop, and was tempted to get some wedges, as I had had to share my lunch. He was allowed one when they had cooled. The bus came unexpectedly, and I hopped on, and parked the buggy. the only snag was that when I came to alight, one of the buggy wheels was trapped, but the driver raised the platform and I was off. It went down our front steps like a dream, and I left it unfolded in the hall. Nathaniel played quite happily with the toys which I have here, and amused himself by taking all of the books out of the box and putting them back. Later I strapped him in again, and set off up the hill. As we neared the top I saw that my old friend S's car was there, so I rang her bell. He gave me a conspiratorial grin as if to say, 'Who is coming to admire me now?' Of course he played to the gallery again, chuckling and waving, which he never does to say bye bye. I didn't stay long as I had already had a 'where are you?' call, and once I had recovered my breath set off on the last, thankfully level, leg of the walk. He and Mummy were pleased to see each other, and there were tantalising smells coming from the kitchen. After a cuppa, I set off for home, arriving just before husband, who had been allowed to visit the chip shop. Not being a great fan of battered fish, I did some steamed cod for myself.
On Saturday we visited our local Ford dealers to check if the Focus was equipped for Isofix. It is and we bought the necessary bracket, then off to Watford for a bit of shopping, and for my camera lens to be checked for possible sand contamination. It was blown through with some air, and declared not to need repair. Later I found the sand had infiltrated my camera bag, so that had to be vacuumed. Someone had given us a travel cot to use for naps, but it just would not click into place, so we bought one from John Lewis, and it clicks into place so easily.
Home for about an hour, then off to Daughter's for an afternoon tea, and a re-run of the candle blowing out, much to Nathaniel's delight. We left at around about Nathaniel's bathtime, being stuffed with cream tea, leftovers of the most calorific dessert in the world, and more Birthday cake.
Yesterday, at church we had a visit from the former pastor of Penzance Baptist church, who preached 2 very good sermons. We also had a surprise visit from Son and daughter in Law, who were on their way back from France. They had been to Spicer Street, and Daughter had invited them for lunch, so they came down whilst they waited for it to be cooked. Had I known they were calling in I would have invited them here, but it was lovely just to see them.
Not a very exciting Bank Holiday, a walk to local shops, and a longer walk back, a bit of gardening. catching up with ironing, and struggle for husband to fit the Isofix bracket. Soon all I will need is a gate to stop N getting into the porch when the back door is open. I'm going to have my hands full, should be fun.
Bouncy castle, for some reason missed off earlier blog

No comments:

Post a Comment