Sunday 7 August 2011

30th Birthday

I had so much trouble writing my last blog, the text and photos all disappeared at one point, I got so frustrated. I also forgot to mention that last weekend when the computer wouldn't work, it took husband about 2 days to fix it, running various programmes and tests. He eventually located the problem, and got everything up and running again. In the meantime I used his netbook. I don't really get on with laptops, I found the mouses (mice?) too fiddly by half.
Anyway, things have been a bit better for me apart from still having a bit of trouble sleeping from the cough. The nights have cooled down and I have fitted some pollen screen over one window. I ordered it ages ago, but I hadn't got around to fitting it. Now we can have one window open without me worrying that my asthma will get worse. There wasn't quite enough of the special velcro supplied to fit a bigger window as well. I will have to see if I can find it on the 'net'.
Yesterday we did our morning shopping, the  went round to Daughter's with her presents, a cake and some balloons. We had packed up a picnic and were all ready to go. However Son in Law was still in town, so we left, as we had to go to Tring to collect my pen. Now I have it I must practise writing with it. We had a quick wander around the shops, husband likes Charity shops, then set off for Wendover Woods. The others were already there, so a quick phone call summoned them to the picnic table which I had managed to 'bag'. Nathaniel sat on top of the table, and was fed with a jar of 'mush', as it is convenient. He didn't eat all of it, but sampled morsels of our sandwiches, cheese, a sliver of sausage roll, etc. Son in Law had brought a pork pie. He had just finished cutting it, when baby reached over and grabbed a piece, and before anyone could stop him, was munching on it
Nathaniel tries some sandwich

The Birthday girl

Nathaniel enjoying his 'spoils'-pork pie

After lunch we explored a bit of the wood, but the route we chose did not take us long. We then headed for the children' play area

climbing trees
Grandad has fun 'driving













No comments:

Post a Comment