Sunday 14 August 2011

A mixed week, with a return to Blenheim

It has been a 'shorter' week, as I last blogged on Monday. Tuesday I was doing various things, trying to keep the weeds away, which have started coming back since Mum-in-Law went home, catching up on the ironing, (except the shirts), going out walking, replacing dying plants in my pots, and doing my physio exercises. Late Tuesday afternoon, I took a phone call from Mum in law, who was quite upset about a friend of hers.
I don't want to go into too much detail here, but this friend has ended up in a London hospital with a broken back, ribs, arms, and she did have hypothermia. She has had chronic health problems for some time. She has been kept under sedation whilst the Doctors have been assessing her. Please pray for P that the Doctors may be given wisdom in treating her, and for her husband, family and friends.
On Wednesday I did the usual Sainsbury's run, then went over to Argos for a new catalogue. I needed to have the car with me, as I couldn't have managed to carry one home as they are so heavy these days. I also went into Homebase garden centre to pick up some more plants, so that I can continue to fill the gaps as plants die off.
On Thursday, I was contemplating even more ironing and tidying when Daughter rang and asked me if  I fancied a trip to Brent Cross. So she picked me up at around midday. We took Nathaniel into the toy department of John Lewis. He has his first Birthday soon, and he was allowed out of his pushchair to try out various toddle trucks and sit and ride toys. I suddenly remembered that we had Daughter's first Birthday present in the loft, a rocker, with a horse's head. I must try and find it. We got some idea of what he might enjoy. We had lunch in Fenwick's restaurant, and watched the rain pelting down outside. It had been drizzling at home. In M&S, I was going to buy a pair of trousers, but bumped into someone who I used to know in Spicer Street church. She has recently become a Grandma, her son's wife had a boy. We caught up on various news, and I discovered that she and her husband had also left Spicer Street about 6 years ago. Daughter was saying she hadn't seen them for a while, but it is such a big congregation, you cannot possibly know everyone and what they are all doing. In the end I didn't buy the trousers as the queue was too long. I hope they get them in our store, I had a pair in that colour a while ago, but got bleach on them, and nothing repairs that damage.
There were a couple of police vans around at Brent Cross, I reckon that because of the awful riots they are keeping a higher profile. There is no excuse for the riots and wanton destruction. There is only one cause and that is sin.When you get people who are in work, and even the daughter of a millionaire in court, then it cannot be blamed on poverty. Unemployment too is given for a reason. At various times in the past my Father, Husband and Son have all been unemployed, but none have found the need to go about and steal and smash things up, or commit arson.
By and large this nation has turned it's back on God, the ten commandments have been disregarded, rotten laws have been made, marriage and the family under attack from 'trendies'. What is needed is a revival, a repentance and a turning back to God.
Well I will get off my soapbox. In the end we didn't but very much at all in Brent Cross. Daughter popped in Lakeland in Brent park, and I stayed in the car with baby. Daughter called round on Friday to borrow our strimmer, Nathaniel was wreaking havoc within minutes of arriving. He is learning though, when he grabbed my glasses, I said 'No', so he offered them to me. He is standing alone for longer, and has actually taken a couple of steps twice this week, but refuses to do it 'to order'
On Saturday we returned to Blenheim, when we went for our anniversary in March, we converted our tickets to an annual pass. We hadn't seen much of the grounds in March as it was too cold. It was a bit windy, but a lot warmer than March
Rose garden



cascade

Butterfly house


maze

Our Pastor is home from the Phillipines and it was good to have him back, with two excellent sermons today Unfortunately, I took an antihistamine yesterday, and although it was not supposed to cause drowsiness it did! I had a 2 hour sleep this afternoon.  Oh well, hope I will sleep tonight too!

No comments:

Post a Comment