Tuesday 21 February 2012

Oh dear I am late blogging this week, I just felt that last week was so uninteresting that you would fall asleep after the first paragraph. Husband worked from home on Monday, as we had a dental appointment. Neither of us need any fillings, I had a clean, husband didn't. There was still a lot of snow around where we parked, it was obviously not the sunny side of the street! The rest of the week has been as normal, I've had trouble sleeping, causing me to fall asleep after lunch, and constantly felt I was not doing enough, and would never catch up.
I booked a short stay in a hotel for our wedding anniversary, they promised a confirmation e-mail, which didn't arrive, I had a phone call from someone presumably trying to sell me something, but I couldn't understand what she was saying, so told her I would hang up. The previous week I had ordered 4 items over the internet and only 3 had arrived, the 4th being a new cosytoes for the buggy as N has more or less outgrown his current one.
So I've been sending time sending e-mails and making phone calls. The hotel have agreed to send the confirmation by post, and the lady sending the cosytoes had me going round all the neighbours and contacting the sorting office.
That in itself was an experience. I found a phone number in the directory, rang it, and after listening to various messages, pressing various buttons and listening to more advice on which button to press, I realised that a) I had spoken to no one, b)that I had no chance of speaking to anyone, and c) that I had reached the end of the options. So I had to get in the car and drive down there. No they were not holding any parcels for me, so another e-mail to the supplier. She actually rang me yesterday to see if the missing parcel had turned up, and I'm awaiting a further phone call from her.
I can only report a half pound wight loss for last week, but at least it's a loss. We have spent part of our evenings watching Michael Portillo sitting on various trains and discovering fascinating facts about places,and 2 guys chasing around in circles haggling for antiques then selling them at auction. I was quite disappointed that one episode of Garrow's Law which I had for Christmas was almost unwatchable due to the subject matter, and was far from the 'whatsoever things are good, whatsoever things are true and whatsoever things are lovely' that Christians should consider. I may not bother with the next series.
On Thursday I had Nathaniel. He was up to his usual mischief, and now he can climb on to the sofa, he has also worked out that he can make his way over the sofa and onto the chair which is too high for him to climb onto. Thus he has access to things which were Previously out of his reach. he got hold of my light box, I managed to get it sway from him, but he had somehow set the box to come on the next morning at 7.45 am, so on Friday I was left wondering what the eerie blue light was in the corner of the room!
On Thursday he fell sleep in the buggy, I had managed to fit him into the old cosytoes, and he slept for 2 and a half hours I woke him for lunch, hoping that I just might make it to Women's hour. I haven' been for weeks as he usually naps in the afternoon now. However he was a bit slow, and by the time I had changed his nappy, I realised that once again I would not make it.It was a prayer meeting, so I'm not sure he would have been quiet enough.
Nathaniel enjoys shepherd's pie


On Friday Daughter was due for half day, which was just as well because I was overtired and N was full of mischief as usual. I put him in the buggy in the cosytoes, but the weather had warmed up.and by the tiime we had reached the checkout in Sainsburys he had kicked off the cosytoes and showed no signs of napping in the buggy. he tucked into spag bol with gusto, and got into a real mess with that and the yoghurt which followed. daughter arrived and we sat and chatted for a while, but then a little person got somewhat fractious, and was overtired, so she took him home, then reported he was asleep before she got him home..
The weather changed again on Saturday, it pelted down with rain, then on Sunday it was cold I went for a walk in the afternoon and was so cold that I dug out these for wearing to church in the evening.
I overdid the layers of clothing and had to take my coat off. We were  late home as we had communion, and I rang Mum in law. She seemed fairly bright, had had a parish Sunday lunch. so had enjoyed the company.
yesterday I had a bad experience, whilst transferring some money in a cash machine it chomped on the notes and then shut down. I had a similar experience a few years ago with the Woolwich, but Santander were better, as the machine was in their premises and the branch was open. I was told it would  be sorted out today, but yesterday afternoon got acall to sy it was sorted . Phew! Now I must go, I have to take my car to have the tyres checked at some time as I had aslow puncture fixed 2 weeks ago, and they said all the tyres were down a bit. Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment