Tuesday 28 February 2012

Not such a good week that was!

Well  I didn't manage to get out to get the tyres checked as I had intended, I think I fell asleep after lunch. I did make a few pancakes and had one with lemon juice and Stevia, a bit too sweet, and the other with agave syrup, which is 0 propoints for one teaspoon. We spent the evening watching the final Garrow's law, and then a bit of the antiques road trip.
On Wednesday at WW I had only shed half a pound, still it was the right direction. I trawled around Sainsbury's  and when I got home, forgot to unpack some of the shopping. Daughter came round to collect something which has been hanging in the wardrobe in her old room for getting on for 6 years.
She stayed for a while chatting. and Nathaniel played with some of the toys I have here. He also watched some 'in the Night garden' on iplayer. I told Daughter that I must go out to get the tyres checked, but just then husband arrived back from his monthly trip to Bristol, so she stayed chatting to him whilst I took the Fiesta in. The tyres were all fine, but they discovered that something had come loose under the car, and there was a hole in part of the exhaust, so I got those fixed instead.
I came home and Daughter was still here, but after a while Nathaniel became fractious and nothing would please him. he hadn't had much of a nap, so daughter took him home and reported he was fast asleep on returning home. During the course of the evening I discovered there was still one item of cold stuff lurking in a shopping bag, so without further ado opened the fridge door and tossed it in.
I picked Nat up at 8 am on Thursday,and during the course of the morning he showed me that he knows which button turns on the TV.  He then handed me the remote, pulled my legs apart and attempted to climb on my lap! Talk about determined! I took him for a walk in the buggy, and he ate a good lunch. I had a jacket potato with Coronation chicken, bought in Sainsbury's.
After his nap, I let him watch 'in the Night Garden'
engrossed

Much later that evening whilst talking to Mum in Law, I began to feel odd. Then I had to dash to the bathroom. Husband went to bed and I sat on the sofa hoping that the nausea I was feeling would go away. It didn't. I just about made it to the kitchen sink. I sent Daughter a text to warn her I was unwell, then retired to bed where I lay awake till I needed to rush to the bathroom again. It felt like the Norovirus we had had several years ago when staying with my Mum one Christmas. I dozed fitfully till 6.30, then came down to phone Daughter and tell her no way could I take Nathaniel that day. If it was a bug, then everyone would go down with it, and quickly too. I spent Friday alternating between the sofa and bed, sipping boiled water. Sometimes I dozed, sometimes slept, I had a slight fever too. I had a bath and got dressed at about 4pm
When husband came home I offered to try and sort a meal out for him, I could just about stand the sight of food but he wasn't hungry and later he did himself  sardines on toast. He did bring me a hot water bottle for my icy feet. I slept better on Friday night, slept late. The family had managed to get Nat into a nursery for the day as an emergency and he appears to have enjoyed the experience, although it was quite pricey, and by no means the most expensive.
I managed a quick car trip into town on Saturday, but soon wanted to come home. Sadly Saturday night  was back to not sleeping, must have slept too much on Friday. We were at Daughter's for lunch on Sunday, after an encouraging sermon from our pastor, who had returned form teaching abroad. I managed a small lunch. Nathaniel was quite tetchy he may be teething again, but after a while we managed to coax smiles out of him. I couldn't stop yawning, so we decided to skip the evening service, and Mum in Law phoned me for a change.
Nathaniel drains Daddy's tea mug

No on else has been ill, so it has caused me to think, what did I eat which no one else ate? The Coronation chicken. What was the item I took out of the bag late in the evening on Wednesday? The Coronation chicken  I think that the lack of refrigeration just caused me a problem. Having eaten out of date yoghurts before now with no ill effects, I must be more careful to make sure the cold stuff goes into the fridge first without delay. Oh well, we live and learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment