Sunday 13 May 2012

Crowned at last, and other trivia

Well husband has nipped upstairs for a doze, and I have woken up from a short doze with a stiff neck, so I will start to update my blog. A week last Monday I went to be fitted with my new crown. It is much nicer than the last one, doesn't feel like  a foreign object in my mouth,  I have a sneaking suspicion that the previous dentist may have actually fitted it the wrong way around. It cost over £200 in total, and that was NHS, but HSA, or Simply Health as they now call themselves have met the cost in full. they are also paying most of my physio fees, so it makes it worthwhile to have this type of insurance.
On the Tuesday I had physio in the morning, she was quite pleased with my progress, and thinks it is improving. In the afternoon I got on with the long neglected job of  refitting tiles underneath my cooker. That is now complete, so for the first time in weeks the cooker is back in its usual place and does not protrude. I have also completed the application to have my gas meter moved to outside the house, then I can move a kitchen cupboard and have a bigger cooker , as mine is badly in need of replacement. I do like double ovens, but they are scarce in the size that I already have. The fashion seems to be for range cookers, but I don't see much point for just 2 of us.
I had been very good with tracking my food and had a self imposed 'no snacking', which paid off as I lost 2lb.
I looked after Nathaniel as usual on the Thursday and Friday, and whilst he napped tried to catch up on ironing and housework, mindful of the fact that we were going away. Nathaniel was no trouble, when I took him out he wore his smart splash suit. I let him walk on reins in the town centre on the Friday, and he walked all through the shopping centre and as far as the bank where I needed to transfer some cash.
Who would have thought such a tiny choccy biccy could make so much mess?

Making a bid for freedom after a nappy change!
I spent most of the Friday evening ironing, as we were heading off for Wales the next day. Saturday morning was spent sorting out packing, items to take with us, packing the car and trying to leave the house reasonably clean and tidy.
The traffic on the motorway was heavy, as it was a Bank Holiday weekend, lots of congestion where roadworks are taking place. we stopped at Corley for lunch, I had chicken, but the roast potatoes were piled onto the plate, the peas tasted tinned. I couldn't eat it all, and ended up wishing  I'd bought something from the Waitrose there. Our next stop was Sainsbury's Chester to stock up on food for the weekend. They have changed the traffic roundabout there and it is so confusing. I believe that there was death a few weeks after it had been changed. We had a cuppa in the cafe at Sainsbury's, then set off for the last leg. The property key was in a keysafe, so that was easy.
It was a 3 bedroomed bungalow in Kinmel Bay, which we got at a reduced price as there were only 2 of us. It was very comfy and clean, the main bed had a memory foam mattress, so we didn't need the topper we had lugged down form our spare bedroom. The only drawback was that despite it being listed as a non smoking property, the sitting room reeked of smoke, so my nose blocked up, and I began to wheeze. We opened windows and it gradually improved.
On Sunday we went to the little chapel in Rhuddlan, the new pastor was as good as he was last time, we do feel for them as the congregation is small. Afterwards I chatted to old friends , who told me that another mutual friend is quite poorly, but as we didn't go to their evening service, I couldn't get an update.
We both fell asleep after lunch, and were late getting to my sister's home, and missed some of the family. However my niece and her son came round and we had tea together. The boy graduated last year in Archaeology, he cannot get work all the time, but has some contacts, and was telling us of some of the finds on digs he has been on.
On Monday it was quite dull, but we decide to walk into Rhyl and see what shops were open. it was fairly windy, but the Marine Lake miniature train was running. That brings back childhood memories. The rest of the fair is long gone,but enthusiasts have kept the trains going. Our Friday night treat as children on holiday was a visit to the Marine Lake funfair.
Rhyl Harbour

choppy marine lake
Miniature train
I will continue this update later

No comments:

Post a Comment