Tuesday 1 October 2013

A week of bits and bobs

Actually, the Saturday when we came back from Cheshire, the house seemed cold, so we put the heating on for the evening. The weather has been so changeable lately. The next week wasn't over exciting, I went out one day leaving a line full of washing, I went into town to buy wool, I had bought some in the wrong ply. Fortunately I hadn't needed it, the shop were happy to exchange it for me, so  have kept up the knitting I have to be careful though as I've overdone it in the past and ended up with RSI, and had to wear a splint. Of course because I had left  a line full of washing it poured down and husband hadn't noticed.
We spent more time cutting back fruit bushes, I managed to get the wall painting finished in the bathroom, although the bit I did has shown up some of the rest as perhaps needing a new coat. I managed to fit the shelving support together, and drill holes in the bathroom wall, and put the shelves up.
The garden is still looking good at the front, and at the back I seem to be winning the war against the slugs and all my salvias have recovered, enough for a second flowering.
Winston Churchill fuchsia kept from last year

Fuchsia in hanging basket

Close up of Winston Churchill

More tomatoes than we can eat

A salvia

Our 'star' fuchsia, originally grown from a cutting that came from next door

Another fuchsia

Begonias

On the Saturday of that week we went over to Berkhamsted,  as I wanted to look in the craft shop for some more card toppers. We browsed quite a few shops, including the High street garden centre, I still can't find an orchid to replace the dead one, I'll have to go back to the place I bought it I think.
We saw the grandchildren  a couple of times that week, and I also took a huge pile of ironing to be done. I still can't manage too much, although my shoulder doesn't give me too much trouble. I missed Weightwatchers again as I overslept,and couldn't get ready in time.
I also managed to miss Women's hour, my mobile had all but died, so we went into town to replace it, I don't know if the chap was new, but we were in the shop for three quarters of an hour. He told me that he couldn't download messages etc from my old phone, I know that the girl did it last time I had to have a new phone, so I've also lost my ringtones, and my Aragorn wall paper, Husband has managed to restore that, but not so far the ringtones. I could have got them online but they would have been almost £5. When we came out of the shop we decide it was lunchtime, a bus wasn't due, so we went into the new pasty shop for lunch. I had a  baguette, and husband of course a pasty. However, after we had eaten the bus was late, and when we got back home I was too late to get there in time.
Hmm, this post is a bit higgledy piggledy, and in the wrong order, but It was over a week ago and the memories came back in dribs and drabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment