Wednesday 11 June 2014

Coming back down to earth with a bit of a bump

So back to earth, and back to routine. I had to do some shopping on the Tuesday,as I hadn't done any veg shopping at the weekend. It was nice not to have to take the car in for any repairs last week, but there is still a job outstanding. We have become increasingly disenchanted with our local Ford dealers, we had a service, then later an MOT, nothing was recommended, but when we took the car in because the handbrake didn't seem to be holding,they came up a with along list of jobs which needed doing. Last time, they actually broke something, then charged us to fit a replacement! I was furious, but now husband is at home he takes the car and collects it, and he is not always as assertive as I am.
I would have fired off a letter, but with the big celebration coming up, we were focused on that. I think that we can safely say we will not be buying our next car from that particular dealer.  We do save up for car repairs, but there have been so many in the last few weeks that we have had to dip into savings. Our income has been somewhat reduced since Husband retired.
I have had to get used to sleeping in my own bed again, one night I coughed so much, I had to get up at 4 and take some vile tasting catarrh medicine. I went back to bed at around 5 and slept till 9.
When we had got home there was a message to say that my glasses were ready, so I went on Tuesday to pick them up. Husband came with me to town, and went off to do his own thing. He did meet me at the opticians, where I was given a copy of the letter which had been sent to my GP. I have used the distance glasses, they seem to help a lot with the double vision, but if I wear them whilst walking the ground seems a long way off. I think that Tuesday was the day we arranged to meet at the bus stop, having gone our separate ways, as I needed something in M&S. I did bump into a friend, who is getting divorced, not her fault, and she was pleased to be able to tell me she had had an offer accepted on a smaller house. As I walked towards the bus stop I got a message to say that Husband was on the bus, I sent an indignant reply, so he waited for me at the other end, and took my bag of shopping.
I skipped WW on the Wednesday, did the supermarket run, then we picked the children up. We don't have them for long on a Wednesday, if memory serves me right it wasn't a decent afternoon weatherwise anyway.
Thursday was better, and we had both of them all day as it was half term. Lydia went up for her nap at about 10.00 am. Nathaniel was given a choice, to stay with Grandad in the garden, or to come shopping with me. at first he said the former, then changed his mind. We set off walking, and he was very good at holding my hand. He helped me post a letter, then when we got to Sainsbo's, he put the newspaper in my basket for me, and chose 3 nice carrots and a head of broccoli, then a lovely yellow lemon. We had walked along the canal bank for part of the way,and when we came out, he said he wanted to go by the canal again.
There was a boat going through the lock, so I explained how the water has to be level, and the lady has to use a key for the gates, then push the gate open. Funny how it's always the men who steer and the women who do the hard work at the lock gates!
We spent some time in the garden after lunch. Eggybread and beans for Lydia, Eggybread without beans for Nathaniel, followed by yoghurt. We watched a couple of episodes of Thomas the Tank engine, then later got them home in time for them to welcome Mummy home from work.
Lydia finds the washing basket

On Friday morning, I got a text to say Nathaniel had come out in spots, and it looked like Chickenpox. Better to have it young than older like my 2; one was 15, the other 23. His Daddy had taken the day off to look after them, so I called in later with some calamine lotion. Poor mite wasn't feeling too good. The whole family had been going to visit the in laws, but in the end only their Daddy went. Friday morning I also saw my G P, who doesn't think I have thyroid eye disease, so he gave me a form for a thyroid blood test and said to go back in 3 months. So now I am totally confused and still no wiser about the cause of the double vision. he did rule out Myaesthemia Gravis, as that sounds a bit unpleasant, I'm quite pleased.
Friday afternoon we were back at the garden centre, as I needed a few more plants. Husband bought some new gardening gloves, and a fearsome weed burner.
We popped in to see the family on Saturday, after shopping, Daughter was getting  a bit 'cabin fever'ish. Whist we were there she received the shocking news that the much longed for baby of friends at church had died at only six weeks. She was so upset, I sent husband home with the shopping, as there were a couple of items for the fridge, and stayed with her till her husband got home. I saw the children, both had been napping for a while. Nat had been given an antihistamine, which stopped the itching, and helped sleep. He was more spotty than on Friday, and a bit miserable, so it's wait and see with Lydia now
My Winston Churchill Fuchsia survived another winter
we thought the Clematis had died
So we planted a rambling rose
and now they grow together



No comments:

Post a Comment