Sunday 22 June 2014

June Jottings

So way back on the next Monday, June 2nd, I went to the hospital for my thyroid blood test. As I'd had quite a long walk in the morning, I took the car. On the Wednesday, I just about managed to get weighed at WW and go to Sainsburys' before rushing to collect the children, Nathaniel hadn't been to Nursery, because of the chickenpox. he was feeling quite lot better, but still wasn't allowed contact with others.
On the Thursday, we had them both all day, but couldn't really take them out. I did think of the park,as most children were at school, but as I passed, there was a lone Mum with a pre school child. Lydia obligingly had her morning nap,so things were not too bad.
There wasn't much special about the Friday, apart from me ringing for the blood test results,and being told it was all fine. the weekend was spent shopping, gardening and church. It was rather sticky in church,and my cardigan stuck to the pew back. During the service I suddenly whispered to husband that I had forgotten to collect some ironing, just bedlinen and shirts.
On the Monday our Daughter was working,as she had a meeting to go to, so we had the children, Nat was fit to go back to nursery. I remembered to collect the ironing, and also collected my prescription, leaving a request for some cream, as I was getting signs of an old problem, which affects me in hot weather. The previous stuff had gone out of date.
On the Tuesday, husband had dug over part of the right hand flower bed, but decided it was too hot to continue, so I thought I would just plant out the end he had done. We went to a different garden centre, I bought 2 Osteospermum, some more petunias and some verbena. I also bought 2 more solar crackle lights,as some of last years are no longer working.This garden centre is the same group as one of the others we go to, but it has a cafe, so husband decided it was teatime, so we had a drink and he had some cake.
Wednesday was very busy, a quick weigh in, Sainsbo's, picked up Nat and Lydia, gave them lunch, then took Nat to his new school for a taster session. he was very quiet when I collected him,and when I asked who he had played with, he replied that his best friend wasn't there. I had to explain that his friend was staying at the school where the nursery is. It must be hard for a 3 year old to understand why there is no room for him at that school, unless about 4 other children don't take up their places, or move house.We took them straight home,as Mummy was finishing early, then had a quick dash to pick up the second prescription form, and off to the garden centre to get one of the lights replaced as the battery cover was broken.
We had swapped Thursday's childcare for Monday, but our Daughter wanted to attend her friends' baby's funeral, so we minded the children whilst she went there. It was a very sad occasion, but she said that the church was packed, and the parents were bearing up well, due to the prayers of all who know them.
I decided to try and finish the rest of my ironing, and Friday was spent catching up by giving the house a thorough clean.
small crackle light, the only one working his year

large garden light

frint garden springs into life

planted pots

New RHS trough


close up of top

No comments:

Post a Comment