Wednesday 29 April 2015

Wales, a little bit wet and a tad windy.


On the Saturday morning, Daughter and I decided to go and do some shopping. Husband went for a bike ride, and Daughter's husband took the children to the beach for a while. It was quite windy, and the weather was nowhere near as warm as it had been. We had lunch back at the bungalow, jacket potatoes. The conservatory doubled as a dining room. We tended to use our computers in there,as husband plugged his mobile device in there, there was no wifi supplied.
Daughter and her husband went out with the children, my husband wanted to go to to Halfords in Rhyl. I had unpacked the mattress topper, only to discover that I had brought the one for the single bed, so it would not fit. I decided to walk into Prestatyn to see of I could find a mattress topper. However it was further than I thought. Husband had said he would pick me up later. A bus passed me, but I was on the wrong side of the road. My disc was playing up, and my hip, as the bed had been so hard. Eventually I limped into Prestatyn, crossed over the pedestrian railway bridge, and made my way to M&S. We have previously bought toppers in M&S, but I think that was Chester.
I went in and looked, then I asked, but they had none. There was a linen shop in the High Street, but their toppers were so thin, they would not have given any relief.  I went into the big Boots, and bought a couple of items, and printed out some photos of the children.
I suddenly remembered I had to get something for dinner, I went back in M&S, bought a duvet, with the intention of putting it under the sheet, but then decided an extra large sheet would go over it. We once stayed at a guest house, where the bed was hard, and ended up putting a duvet under the sheet, and taking it off and hiding it in the wardrobe every day, as they came to service the room.
As I browsed the food dept, I was out of ideas, but then thought a jar of sauce, some mince and pasta, and we have spag bol. Although I couldn't find spaghetti, just something similar with a hole down the middle.
I was glad to meet husband and go back to the bungalow. I read the Telegraph, but then had to start the meal as the children needed to eat early. It wasn't a bad meal, although Lydia ended up with an orange face, and the chair cover, which was white and navy stripes did suffer a bit. Fortunately I had brought a microfibre cloth with me and a quick wipe down helped no end.
I went over to visit my sister for a while, she didn't seem her usual self, not chatty and a bit distant, I invited her to the bungalow for tea the next day, and she said she would let me know.
There was a dishwasher in the bungalow, which our daughter took charge of, they were sleeping on the bed settee, in the sitting room, There was huge TV in there, also one on the wall in the main bedroom, and a small one in the twin room, which Daughter removed so that the children could not turn it on when they should have been sleeping. I had remade the bed, and lay on it watching TV, it seemed a tad more comfortable than it had been.
Sunday morning we were up quite early, as I went into the conservatory, I could hear the rain pelting down on the flat roof.  Husband checked our home monitors and said it was sunny at home. However the old saying 'rain before 7 clear before 11' proved true. I'd got dinner underway, and we left for church in Rhuddlan, as we drove over, we could see any orangey coloured cloud, which we drove through. it was sand, blowing off one of the fields, the soil can be very sandy up there.
The pastor was away, but there was another American preaching, he is doing church planting in Pen y Cae. and Rhosllanercrugog.
After the service we tried for a quick getaway, as our Son and his wife were coming over for lunch. We got back before they arrived, everything cooked quite well, we just about fitted 9 of us around the table. Husband found a high chair in the wardrobe for Ethan, and we used a bedroom chair and one garden chair..
I had done 2 small chickens, and I made 'Grandma's stuffing', roasties, carrots broccoli and peas. It all went down very well, I did cheat and use bought desserts, crumble, and a millionaire's cheesecake.
The family went out for a walk,and I relaxed, it was rather wet underfoot however, and quite windy, so they were not out for long. Ethan had great time running up and down with his older cousins. Sadly, when I sent my sister a text asking when I should pick her up, she replied that she was unwell and was going to bed.
We had tea relatively early, as the Cheshire family needed to drive back. They had come over in the Focus and it seemed strange to see it parked outside. We parted with an invitation to call in on the way home,and stay overnight if we wished.
On the Monday morning we were all up early, Son in law had to get the train to Euston., I offered him a lift but daughter had promised,and sure enough she got up in time to go. He arrived in London at 9.45 am, not bad. Late that morning we drove into Rhyl as daughter's car needed an MOT. Husband cycled into town to g to the barber's. The garage couldn't do the MOT till the next day, we drove into town, parked, and later met up with husband for lunch at our favourite cafe.
Later still, Daughter borrowed my bike and helmet,and went for a ride with her Dad. I didn't feel up to it as my back was sore. So I stayed with the children, then later popped round to my sister's. She had been to the Dr and the Dr she saw was a different one, and blamed her stomach problems on what he said was emphysema, she was also a bit depressed,. She visits so many older people and sick people, and people with problems, not to mention dealing with her own family probems. I said she should give herself a break, say 'No' more often and think of her own health for once.
On the Tuesday, the plan was to visit Llandudno, Daughter had to drop the car off and get the train, as we couldn't have fitted the car seats and Daughter in the car. We met up in Llandudno, and after looking in a few shops decided to go for lunch. It took awhile to contact husband, the signal was poor,and he didn't have the phone with him which I was trying to ring. Eventually, we bought soft drinks and sat outside the Cottage Loaf till he arrived.
We had a good lunch, plenty of it, but the kitchen got my order wrong at first, Id asked for beef on granary, and was presented with a full beef roast, which I had to send back, as I didn't fancy a full roast,and anyway hadn't paid for it.
I think that they got the coffees muddled, as mine was rather bitter and husband said his didn't taste as it should, I drank all of mine, big mistake as I was to discover later.  I didn't buy much in Llandudno, but did find a half price foam mattress topper, which did give me more relief than the duvet. Daughter took the children to the beach for a while, then had to get the train back before 4. It turned out that there were a few jobs needed on the car, so she was to take it in again the next day. Later we went for a bike ride to Splash Point, but I didn't want to go further as I had really bad nausea, so we turned back,and when we got to the bungalow, I had more bad nausea, and my heart rate shot up. Probably a combination of caffeine, and adrenaline, the caffeine usually takes a few hours to hit. Once I stopped panicking, the heart rate slowed down, but I didn't have another meal, husband and Daughter got their own meal, and I just had a banana before bed.
riding towards Splash Point

Husband stopped for a photo


Looking back towards Prestatyn
On the way back


No comments:

Post a Comment