Tuesday 23 February 2010

A bit of a setback.

Well it seems that I spoke too soon about sleeping better. On Friday night I didn't sleep at all well as my heart seems to beating loud and faster than normal. I felt rough on Saturday morning, but we walked into town for the shopping for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Husband spotted the pasty van, so that was his lunch sorted. I waited till I got home, and was very good, having a prawn salad. Whilst we were in town the sun shone, and it felt hot to those of us in our winter gear, but it did not last.
We got the bus up the hill, and had a very quiet day. When I went to bed, I slept a bit better thanks to some herbal tablets.
Sunday was a normal Sunday, it was good to have our pastor back. We feasted on roast beef and Yorkshires after the morning service.
After a short doze, I decided to go out for a walk and took something that Son-in-Law had left here, to leave in their letter box. It was quite a pleasant afternoon, quite a few people out walking, but the canal bank was pretty muddy.
I got to bed relatively early, but again had an awful night, so much so that I decided a trip to see my GP was in order.
I prayed hard as I phoned,it's always difficult to get through, but I managed to get in to see the very person I wanted to see,who has a background as a registrar in cardiology.
I drove down there as it was snowing again, and the pavements were slippery. I must confess to breaking down in tears, but the GP was very helpful and kind, and he thought I had got overtired and was in state of anxiety. He did a quick quiz and decided I wasn't depressed, listened to my heart, and said he would organise an ecg to reassure me.
I managed to get that booked in for today, and walked down quite briskly, but was stopped by someone to ask directions! Do I have 'please ask me' tattooed on my head, along with 'Do tell me about it'. (husband was amused on Saturday, when an Irish lady started talking to me at the bus stop)
I digress, I managed to arrive on time having walked up a steep hill at a fair pace.
The ECG was done before I knew it and then soon I was back in the doctor's chair.
He studied it and said that there was a very slight change, which could indicate a problem, so I am being referred to a cardiologist (again). I will most likely have to have an echocardiogram (walking on a treadmill whilst attached to wires).I am also to ignore the nighttime loud heart beats.
I suppose I should be grateful, as if I hadn't had the problem, then I wouldn't have gone to the doctor and would not have known. I am still allowed to walk, but not to push myself. No up and down cliffs for the time being.
I did sleep better last night,and fell thankful for that. I have spent time catching up on ironing, and getting the hide-a-bed put together for our visitors at the weekend. Well other half will be in soon, and will want his turn on the computer.
BTW my blood tests were all OK, something to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment