Friday 5 February 2010

A quick update

Well this is just a quick update to say how things are going. The last 2 nights I have slept a bit better. Yesterday morning I had a doctor's appointment for a review of my meds. She wants me to have a cholesterol test, which the other doctor said I didn't need as mine is always low. I have to have vitamin check and iron levels checked too. She accepted my BP readings as it is always high in the surgery, but said I have to take my machine in to have it checked against theirs.
I made it to the ladies meeting and coped without a snooze. The speaker talked about Anne Bronte, and we sang one of her hymns. It was 2 ladies' birthdays this week,so we had cake. I have left WW for the time being as I wasn't getting anywhere and with our anniversary coming up I will not be able to stick to it.
Last night just before bed I found water under the sink again, on checking I realised that the overflow pipe was not actually connected to the overflow! I despair!
Today I took the pipe out and it turns out it was too short, That pesky plumber! He didn't say anything. I suppose I should have called him back, but although he is very cheerful he is also a know-all, and delights in telling me I have paid too much for things. I have been unable to buy a replacement hose, but dug around in my understairs cupboard, and found one that will fit. I don't know where it came from, probably when we had the kitchen done. It's not a perfect fit but a lot longer than the other bit. I wonder if the plumber cut the original bit too short? I left everything out of the cupboard, and went off to St Albans, to look for something. Now I am home and husband has come home early and I still haven't put it all back. Shame on me! It was sunny today, I used my lightbox anyway, and have been feeling tons better. Who would believe that a lack of sunlight could make such a difference?
Now it's the weekend and I hope I can enjoy it more. Have a good weekend all.

No comments:

Post a Comment