Monday 15 February 2010

Not a good start to the week

Well not a lot has happened again really, on Friday I went out looking for a skirt to take when I go away, when I got to the shop I had chosen, I realised they did not have the range I was looking for. On Friday I also manged to stray onto the comment page of a creationist site and was appalled again by the vitriol and scorn poured on Christians and Creationists. Husband put a DVD on, Amadeus, he is a fan of Mozarts' music. I occasionally looked up from my jigsaw, which is not progressing well, pic on my home page.
On Saturday I woke up withe beginnings of a cold sore, we drove into town as husband is still feeling the effects of his blisters. We did not stay in town long, just long enough to do the shopping, and decided to have lunch at home. It snowed as we came home. Husband picked up some rather nice Focaccio in M&S, and he had a lasagne and I had soup. I was surprised when I drew some cash, how much the account had gone down, must do some internet banking. In the evening he watched the rest of Amadeus and I kept half an eye on it. I do not know if Mozart's life was as bad as presented in the film, he was certainly an alcoholic, but he was buried in a pauper's grave.
Yesterday was a normal Sunday, I remembered to put the chicken in the oven. We were home earlier for lunch, as the sermon was a bit shorter. Another visiting speaker, but one who spoke at top volume with not much modulation. Our own pastor returns this week.
I went out for my usual walk, but ended up quite breathless. I think it was the damp. I took both inhalers before the evening service, but then ended up with a more rapid heart beat.
Gardener's Question time this week came from Lacock, where we spent our wedding anniversary last year. The first questioner was the lady at whose B&B we stayed.
No invasion from daughter and Son-in-Law as they were visiting his parents, but phoned Mum-in-Law after her favourite programme was over.
At some time I realised I was starting with a cold, so used my Vick's First Defence. I don't know why, but it made the inside of my nose feel raw. It was so painful. worse than when you fall in the sea and inhale seawater. My eyes were running and my nose!
I am still sleeping badly, but have deliberately not napped today.I have got more housework done than normally, which is good. Daughter is popping round this evening as her husband has a driving lesson. My cold isn't too bad, bur I have hit the vitamin C just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment