Thursday 11 February 2010

Is it Thursday already?

I've been busy outside the home this last couple of days. I arrived at pathology at 8.35 am on Tuesday, the number on the board was 37, and the number I took was 54. I had stopped off for the newspapers on the way down, mainly to get some change for the car park, so at least I had something to do. They have taken the water away, which is a bind, I wasn't really hungry, but very thirsty and only sips of water are allowed. I passed the time by reading the paper, and they seemed to be getting on quite quickly.
After about 45 minutes my number was called and I went in. She took 4 phials, to quote Hancock, a whole arm full. The cafe didn't have a toaster, so I broke my fast with a teacake and tea.
On the way out I met our Son's old primary teacher. I used to go to a tap dancing class with her, until I damaged my disc. We had a little catch up, and then she and her husband went off to get their fasting tests done. I went into the local Asda where I had parked, and bought a few essentials so that I could redeem my parking fee. It costs £3 at the hospital.
It was a cold day and I debated whether to go to the cemetery for Albert's burial, but decided just to go to the thanksgiving service which was afterwards. I arrived early, and managed to find a place to park, not easy in King's Langley. As I went in and sat down I discovered that those who had been to the cemetery were thawing out with hot tea.
It was a good service, someone spoke about the camps he helped with till he was over 80, we had a resume of his life, he had a struggle when younger, and had many sadnesses even after his conversion. There were 4 good old rousing hymns, including 'It is Well With My soul'; there were a lot of people there.
As the sermon had been a tad on the long side for a funeral, I chatted briefly with some friends then had a much needed cuppa,and came home. Husband was home early from his course. I had barely got in and switched the computer on. In the evening we watched a DVD he had bought, a documentary called Expelled No intelligence allowed. It is about how biology lecturers in the States have been sacked for daring to suggest that there may be an intelligent designer. This is where Darwin's theory is leading. Apparently Hitler was quite keen on the teachings of Darwin. I must admit I dozed through some of it, tiredness rather than boredom.
Yesterday I had trouble finding the details of my appointment at the private dental clinic, then remembered I had put it in a cupboard. I hate being late so I dashed off quite early, then when I arrived and parked realised I had forgotten my specs. I had a quarter of an hour to spare, so quickly found a Superdrug, and found some cheap reading specs. Good thing I did as the first thing they did was give me a form to fill in. I could read the questions, but was having a bit of trouble, when I realised that the lenses had little sticky labels on. Oops! I peeled then off and soon had the form completed. The endodontist, a lady, called me upstairs. She asked a few questions, the prodded, poked, blew cold air, put cold fluid on my teeth and got me to bite on something. She also took Xrays
In her opinion it is not the root canal filling that is the problem, but the tooth next to it. Like my dentist, she said there could be a problem beyond the root canal, but she wants to take out a filling in the next tooth, dress the hole and see if it settles. I have also to pay attention to which tooth I actually get pain in.
They offered me an appointment for whilst we are away, but in the end we managed to fix a date for the investigation.
I came home with throbbing teeth, calling in at Sainsbury's on the way, for my weekly shop. When I got home I could not find my mobile phone, I rang it several times, then took a spare mobile out to the car and rang it. I couldn't hear anything.
I had some lunch, then rang the dental surgery. No, I hadn't dropped it there. I was in tears of frustration, I am still not sleeping well, am overtired, fed up of not being believed over my tooth, and hadn't used my lightbox. I was on my way to the car to retrace my steps, when I decided to do a last check and opened the passenger door. There it was between the door and the seat, it must have slipped from my bag, though why It had not rung audibly before I do not know. Thank you God for answering that prayer.
I came back indoors, sat down to read the paper and promptly dozed off. I awoke with a start, made some tea and sat down to drink it. The doorbell rang 3 times! It was husband, I had left the key in the door, which meant he could not use his key. His course had finished early and the trains had been on time for once.
We a had a relaxing evening, But then I got really bad indigestion. I think I had eaten too much fibre. Today has been quiet, a nice brisk walk to Sainsbury's, but the wind was bitter, and lazy. I dug my hat out of my bag on the way back. After lunch, which gave me toothache in the root canal filled tooth, I phoned Mum in Law, as I heard they'd had snow; four inches she said. Then I went to the ladies meeting where we made text cards for South Africa. We chatted as we worked. Our youngest member is about 22, the oldest 94. It was a good hour. Well, husband will be home soon, and I still haven't started the ironing, oh well as they say 'tomorrow is another day'

No comments:

Post a Comment