Sunday 8 August 2010

Pattern, parcels, painting and Poirot not needed

Another weekend, but not much change in my tiredness levels-this time I blame the knitting. I completed a second baby jacket, and picked up some wool that I found on holiday. It is lovely wool. all different colours, and it knits up like a fair isle. I decided to use a different pattern from the book I bought, in a larger size, and got the back done in no time. However the front has a pattern, a holey pattern and I keep on getting things wrong and I keep on having to undo it, and I think I'll just try and get this bit right before I go to bed, and before I know it the hands of the clock have crept round to after midnight.....
On Tuesday I waited in all morning for the buggy to be delivered. I could have rung J L to get a more accurate delivery time, but I had mislaid the  receipt which had the phone number on. They arrived at 12.45 pm. It was in 2 boxes, the smaller containing then carrycot. I rang daughter and said I would go up after lunch. She said she had spent the morning painting and had managed to spill some paint on the pale blue/grey bedroom carpet. I thought she was meeting a friend. If I had known it wasn't Tuesday that she was meeting her friend, I would have had the buggy delivered to her house.
I put the carrycot box on the back seat of my 2 door Fiesta. I opened the boot and lifted the heavier box  into the boot. Oh dear it didn't quite fit! I lugged it out and stood panting and praying. 'Lord where can I put it?' I tried the passenger side and it went in-just! I also threw some painting clothes into the car,and a roller and tray.
On getting to daughter's I knocked and the door was opened  by a paint stained daughter. I managed to lug both boxes out of the car and into her house, they just fitted under the stairs.
I told here I was here to help, and quickly got changed, and was soon brandishing my roller.Unfortunately she hadn't managed to clean up the paint which she had spilled on the protective cloth, and I stood on that bit of the cloth and of course it seeped through, so lots of water and a sponge, and a cloth were employed. Between us we managed to finish  the second coat. Why do they always say one coat paint?
I cleaned up as much as I could, rollers etc whilst daughter had a bath and then I took her down for an appointment with the midwife. This meant she didn't have to look for a parking space, and arrived with a few minutes to spare. I parked the car, then went in search of a cold drink before heading to the surgery to meet daughter. Everything was ok, so we had a quick look around town and then I dropped her at her home and went home for a well earned cuppa.
Wednesday morning was spent as usual at Sainsbury's. The cash machines there  are somewhat out of action as some idiots stole a digger from the motorway roadworks and at  6 am on a Friday morning attempted to steal said machines. They managed to wreck the wall and part of the roof and ran off empty handed, on foot.  I honestly don't think that a digger is the best getaway vehicle.
We were having trouble contacting Mum in law again, we had been unable to ring her since Tuesday morning, so after my walk and lunch on Thursday I rang her neighbour, and she went round to tell her. Mum in law was full of apologies, but said that one phone, the main on, slips off its cradle very easily. So next time we go we will get her anew phone. It has played up a lot, sometimes she cannot hear us at all.
One evening this week I was bemoaning the loss of my Resperate which I hadn't seen since we got home from holiday. I had also lost  a large crossword dictionary and a red camera case. I said I had remembered packing some things in the holdall. on top of the towel. Mum in law had offered to wash the towels when we were there, so I knew I would have taken out whatever had been on top. I told husband I had checked the holdall twice, including the side pocket. He then gave me an odd look and disappeared through the door. A few moments later he was back clutching a backpack of his, and out of that, just as a magician pulls a rabbit from a hat he produced my missing items. I had not thought to check that pack as I thought it just contained his stuff. I was so pleased to get it all back that I couldn't be cross with him.
On Thursday evening  Daughter was having a painting party doing the living room. Son and his wife were there too. I nipped up there after dinner taking my painting stuff and inspected son's 'new' car. When I got in the house I realised that there was a friend there too, I decided that 5 people wielding rollers was enough and beat a hasty retreat.
Friday was Daughter's birthday, so we drove to M K, as she needed to order something form John Lewis, so once ordered, I treated her to lunch at J L. We then had a good look around the shops, she bought sandals and then we headed home. Middleton Hall a large open space in the shopping area had been turned into a huge beach and the kids were loving it.
Daughter's husband took her out for a meal to a secret location and he drove. I think he is becoming more confident behind the wheel I hope so as he will need to be for the hospital dash in a few weeks.
Yesterday we went off to Watford so husband could buy something from Maplin.  We had M&S sandwiches, and then after taking him to J L to show him the buggy that his hard earned cash had paid for we went in different directions. I found a pair of reduced comfy shoes I need comfy for when I walk a lot. We met up at our favourite camera shop, and then went into Clements'  furniture to drool over their dining furniture. It's UK made, and could save us a bit of room if we had a drop leaf table. The cheap pine one we bought has been a bit of a disappointment, and we don't have it extended often these days since husband's parents moved away.
Well we had a good sermon on the 5th commandment this morning, and soon it will be time for the evening service. I'll have to go and put the kettle on.

No comments:

Post a Comment