Sunday 1 August 2010

Clouds, cups, carrycots, car bills, and of course church

I do feel sorry for anyone out there with children of school age as the weather has been so variable here. It is supposed to be so much warmer here than elsewhere, well it is, but we haven't seen a lot of sun, mostly grey clouds. The sun is shining at the moment , but today we woke to rain, then cloud, and it brightened up when we were in town. I had put a cardigan and a waterproof in my bag as we left to walk into town, but in the end neither were needed.
I have been quite busy this week, but haven't managed to lose any weight, probably as I'm still not sleeping very well. On Monday afternoon I abandoned the ironing,which I had spent most of the morning doing, and took my quest for cups and saucers to a small town about 5 miles away. I also needed more plants as one or two in my pots had died off. I found some cups and saucers in a charity shop there were 5, but checked out all the other charity shops first. After a good wander round, I went back to what is the Hospice charity shop and asked if I could buy them. The lady explained that she could not leave the till, so could I take them over. Apparently, someone had locked the till one day to show someone something in a locked glass case, when a man came in managed to get into the till and stole all the £20 notes, about £280 in total.
How low can people stoop, stealing from a charity shop? The cups and saucers were duly packed up, and I was soon off to the small garden centre on the main street. I picked up about 4 plants, and they let me take a plastic plant tray to carry them to the car. Then I went to the local Waitrose to use their 'facilities', and had a cup or two of tea in their cafe. I then wandered round the store and picked up a few things that I cannot get locally.
On Tuesday it was off to Watford to our local John Lewis to buy a buggy and attachable carry cot for daughter. I chatted to her by mobile to check on the colour, and the item was duly ordered and will be delivered next Tuesday all being well. I also had lunch at JL, a salad and fruit salad. I looked in M& S and stocked up on their low fat sausages again.
The cups and saucers were BHS, so I looked in there and found that they still do them, so I bought another to make it up to 6, and a couple of breakfast bowls, as I am getting low on those too.
I had my usual run to Sainsbury's on Wednesday, didn't spend a lot for once, then Thursday walked up the hill for good exercise to get the papers.
I forgot to say that husband's Rotary watch strap broke too, he managed to order one for him and one for me, for less than the price that I would have paid for mine, through a jeweller's shop. Another good use of the internet.
Well it's now Sunday, I had to abandon this last night as it was getting too late.
On Friday I took my car in to Ford's for a service and MOT, then walked about 3 miles into town,and had breakfast in M&S cafe, I think I had earned it. When they rang about the car they advised certain work to be done, and as some of it was to do with the suspension, I decided to have it all done, but had misheard something to do with the quote. I was quite upset to be presented with a total of over £550!
Still, it is done now, so hopefully will keep me mobile for another year. Annoyingly, none of the things done would have stopped it from passing the MOT. I may not take it to Ford's next time.
Yesterday was the usual walk to town, lunch in town, bus up, then a long doze for me,as I'm still having bad nights,and more work on the front terracing for husband. I did do a bit of gardening though when I woke up, then phoned Mum -in- Law,as I'd met an old friend in town who we had been discussing this week. Mum-in Law seems a bit low, she seems to have a 'hangover' from the anaesthetic, and her eye problems are preventing her form reading and watching tv. She takes solace in the garden, working in it rather than sitting in it.
Daughter finished work on Friday, and has started painting! They invited us for lunch today, and after a good sermon, we had a good lunch. We took our 'studio' garden chairs with us, but didn't get much of a doze. Their proper furniture arrives next weekend DV. We came home for a brief cuppa and then rushed out for the evening service. It was good, but 3 families are away so we were at least 15 down in numbers today. We all had to sing a bit louder. Well it's bedtime again, so I'd better finish this for now. Another busy week looms ahead. perhaps I will sleep tonight as it is cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment