Monday 8 November 2010

Just half of the week for now

 I can't believe how quickly the weeks are passing. Last Monday morning I took Mum in Law to Watford Junction, I was allowed on to the platform to see her off, then I went off into Watford town centre in search of  coffee, as I had missed mine that morning. I went into M&S cafe, then had a look at the baby clothes and was tempted by a gorgeous outfit with a matching furry lined jacket. Then I stocked up on low fat sausages and other things I cannot get in our local M&S, wandered round a few shops, then headed home. The Harlequin centre have their Christmas decorations up already, unlike our local shopping mall. Mum in law rang about 2.30 to say she had got home at about 2pm. She took a taxi from the station, which was better than her struggling on the bus. I hope she enjoyed her stay. Seeing Nathaniel was probably the best bit. I discovered that the trousers of the baby's outfit had the wrong size on the hanger, so ordered some online, then took the others back. I was surprised to see they had the outfit in our local Marks, which doesn't usually carry as much stock
On Tuesday I decided  to visit Harpenden where there are some  nice shoe shops. I always used to buy Clark's or K shoes, but don't fancy any Clark's atm, and Ks now all seem to be EE fitting , which are too wide. Are all feet getting wider?
I was after sensible flats, but the first pair which I tried on were also EEs and slopped around. Another pair I tried had a slightly lower heel, but being a D fitting were comfy. I bought them. My sensible brown shoes were in need of repair. Unfortunately the new shoes are not as comfy as they were in the shop, this often happens to me. I think my feet must change shape during the day. They need a bit of stretching and wearing in.
I also looked at the boots, 12 years of tap dancing gave me bigger calf muscles, plus a vein that leaks fluid, all combining to mean I need an expandable calf in boots. I have one pair in brown, but they are hard to put on as the zip only goes as far as the large 'cuff', and my foot tends to go into the top of the boot then out through the zip hole. I didn't buy any boots there, but had a wander round the town. I bought a sandwich, then sat on a bench to eat it then later went for a coffee, and got tempted by a chocolate eclair. There is a shocking dearth of public loos in Harpenden, so I had to go in supermarkets, to use their's, and then buy something.
I took my HP camera and took a few pictures of trees, but should really have gone to Rothamsted common.
Years ago we went for a walk there with folk who had asked us for lunch. We had our dog with us, and the pastor also brought his dog. The 2 dogs were racing round near the experimental centre, when Jess leapt over some water. Our dog Peppi gamely followed but had shorter legs and didn't quite make it and fell backwards into the water.T he pastor wryly commented, 'That's about 5 years worth of experiments destroyed' I hope that the pools were just ornamental!
Wednesday was just my usual Sainsbury's trip then later I called in on Daughter to take baby's new clothes. She had missed parent and toddler group as she had an upset tum and was afraid of passing anything on to others. As it happened it was not a bug, but I think she did the right thing. I got lots of cuddles, smiles and gurgling from baby, he almost tries to talk to us. It must be very frustrating being a baby when your only method of communication is crying. Must go now will catch up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment