Monday 29 November 2010

Dairy, dairy, quite contrary

I know that I don't usually blog two days in a row, but I am having a bad day so I thought sharing it might help.I slept ok, once I had got to bed. we'd had a visit from the family again and a nice evening. This morning I actually managed to get up at a 'decent' hour.
The new spring arrived for the washing machine door catch, so I took the door off again, and replaced the spring. Unfortunately as I did so, one of the extremely flimsy bits of plastic sheared off. However, although this holds a spindle in place I managed to get it all back together and the washing machine has a fully functioning door catch again.
I set off on foot for Sainsbury's to buy a few items, and after I had scanned them, and got over the 'unexpected item in bagging area' (MY bag), reached for my purse, only to find it was not there. I had forgotten to replace it in my bag. A helpful assistant cancelled all m my items and put them in a nearby trolley, and said to contact an assistant when I got back. I duly hot footed home picked up purse, car keys and drove back down.
Soon I was on my way back out of the door. I called in for petrol, then came home. When I got in I checked to see if the milk had arrived. It had, but only one pint. We only get 3 deliveries a week now as our milk depot closed and it now comes from Watford.
I used to have the number of the dairy, but now there is a call centre number, you know the ropes 'press one for...' press 2 for...'  By the time I got to speak to a person, I was beginning to get irritated, the young man suggested that he check my delivery, then came back to me to say 'yes I was down for 2 pints on 2 lists', what is known as stating the obvious. He then said 'I can try and contact Watford and if the milkman hasn't gone home they may be able to get a pint out to you, otherwise you will have to make do with one' At this point it was hard not to explode! I said 'well what am I supposed to do for tomorrow?' 'Oh, I will phone Watford and then if you leave it about half an hour, then ring me back I will adjust your bill'.
I have always believed in supporting my local milkman, it keeps a man in work and if we are too ill to go out, we know that at least the milk will be there. Also I do not have to lug milk from the supermarket.
However if this goes on, I just might well reconsider.
Perhaps praying for calmness will be like praying for patience, God often exercises our patience when we do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment