Monday 27 December 2010

It's all over now

Well despite our lurgy, we have a had a relatively good Christmas. I was pretty tired as usual, too many late nights, too much shopping, too much slow progress on icy pavements, etc etc.
On Thursday I finally made it back to the Doctor's about a problem I had during the Summer. I said at the time she hadn't given me the right treatment.  The problem had flared up with a vengeance .She told me off for not going back before, and continuing with her prescribed treatment, buying it myself. Pardon me if this is too much information, but she then subjected me to a very intimate, painful examination. Then she said 'I'd better take your blood pressure', and wondered why it was high!!!!
I disagreed with part of her diagnosis, but accepted the prescription, as she had given me the stuff I wanted in the first place, in addition to some other stuff for a problem I don't have. Late when I got home I read the contra indications on the stuff I wanted, and cannot start it yet as my cold sore hasn't gone. I believe it contains a steroid, and steroids and herpes don't mix well. However the problem has abated a little. The other stuff contains aspartame, which I dislike, so after taking two doses, the first making the problem worse, I have abandoned it
On Friday I did a bit of shopping and finished decorating the cake. The route that I take to Sainsbury's was downright dangerous, pavements like glass. I decided to come home a different way calling in at Dunelm Mill. All the pavements in that busy shopping area have now been cleared by the council, but the road up back home is a hill, with two bridges to cross. I made it to a side road, where I walked on the road which was clear. Husband had been sent home early on Thursday, and worked from home on Friday.
I listened to carols from Kings whilst making a chocolate log, and eventually all the presents were wrapped, husband realised I was struggling and helped, and the stockings filled.
On Christmas morning I recalculated turkey cooking times for slow roasting, to allow us to go to the 10 am service at church. It was a lovely service, lots of visitors there. Husband couldn't sing, but was tempted to try Joy to the World. He desisted.
Our Daughter and Son-in Law came around after their service, they had arrived during the last carol before the sermon. We opened a present or two each, then had Christmas dinner. I only managed to cremate a few sausages this year. I couldn't manage all of my plateful, but managed a helping of pudding with clotted cream. I had found a a small nut free one for daughter.
We missed the Queen's speech, I think the time is  different on radio these days, but what went unreported by the press was the fact that she began by talking about the anniversary of the King James Bible.
The rest of the day was spent snoozing, playing a game and unwrapping more gifts. The  carpet could not be seen for paper. Nathaniel seemed pleased with his gifts; most went straight into his mouth. He also sampled various wrapping papers, but found none to his taste. He did however love to look at the shiny ones and the crackly noise they made
Unfortunately I was late to bed, and suffered a really bad night, only getting to sleep at 5 am. I think it was the old stress problem again, worrying about my BP as the Doctor had seemed really concerned. That of course makes matters worse for me, the more I worry the more it goes up.Well I must get some more tidying done, will talk about Boxing day later, and provide some pics

No comments:

Post a Comment