Monday 27 December 2010

Boxing Day and after.

Nathaniel opens a present
Festive candles

festive table




The above were taken on Christmas Day.On Boxing Day I woke late as I'd had such a bad night. We made it to church in plenty of time, we were having leftovers today, so not much preparation needed. The service  was good, but husband still cannot sing. his speaking voice is improving a little though. When we got home I started to prepare home made wedges, the family were very late arriving,  son-in Law had had  bad night with Baby and they hadn't made it to church.We had a late Sunday Lunch, and I used the M&S chocolate and cherry roulade I had bought as a Christmas pud alternative. It was still slightly frozen, but that added a certain bite to it.
Afterwards I attempted to doze and the family asked if they could watch the DVD of Toy Story 3. I was awake for most of it, and it was the stuff of nightmares. I wouldn't let a  very  young child watch it. I'll never look at baby dolls in the same way again! It  reminded me of when our daughter, in a brave way took all of her dolls to a charity shop in St Albans, then felt she had betrayed them and wanted to go and buy them back.
Husband wasn't feeling too good, these viruses have knocked him for 6, and I was shattered after my awful night. We offered to babysit if the younger ones wanted to go to their evening service, but they had not brought formula or bottles, so we had a  quiet evening and a late tea. Nathaniel was a bit grumpy after his bad night, so they took him home early.
Today we have taken things easy  we ventured into town and had a walk on the clear pavements. We saw a young chap fall, and others help him up. I went over and said he should go to the hospital. His face was a mess. he wasn't drunk, but said he had been beaten up by Irish lads. He claimed that paramedics had been and cleaned his face up, but I pointed out he was still covered in blood. He said he would be ok, but we think he may have been concussed. Later we saw him on the phone, so hope someone would come and collect him. I bought Birthday cards for my bro in law, and wed deposited some cash in the hole in the wall. I was nice to get some fresh air. Hoping to see daughter and husband later for meal.
I'll have that bauble please mum
that's what I think of nappy changes
I'm resigned to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment