Sunday 2 January 2011

Baby, look at you now!

Well this last week has been fairly unremarkable really. We have spent a lot of time resting, trying to recover from the coughing bug. Once or twice at night I have been kept awake by the cough, so have come downstairs for a while so as not to disturb husband. My cough seems to have changed slightly, which may mean it is getting better. Husband's voice is better than it was. On Monday evening we were supposed to be going to Daughter's for a meal, but husband felt did not feel hungry all day, then said he felt sick, so I went alone. The meal was lovely, but I didn't stay too late.
Some days we have been out together, walking to Sainsbury's for the exercise, other days I have been alone. On Tuesday it got warmer then began to rain.  I thought that the pavements would be better, but they were worse if anything, water on top of ice. We had turkey curry on Tuesday, the carcase is still in the small fridge waiting for me to do something with it. As it sits under the ice box it has frozen. Husband came with me on the weekly shop, but didn't slip too much extra into the trolley.
He kept on saying that he wanted to go out for a drive to see if a car park which he used to walk from was still free, but two days running we fell asleep after lunch. We eventually made it on Thursday.
 We took the scenic route, but as we drove up to the woods the mist got thicker and thicker. He was unable to locate the car park, so we drove on along country lanes passing through The Lee, a village where a few episodes of Midsomer Murders have been filmed. We then drove on to Great Missenden, which has also featured a few times in the series. Husband had suggested we buy a second copy of the Westminster Catechism, which Ian, our pastor goes through with the children on a Sunday Morning. If husband is ill I never remember to take his copy, and can never find a spare at the church. There is a large Christian book shop in Gt Missenden, so we called in there. I could not find a copy, and when I asked the assistant did not seem to have heard of it. They had none. We browsed the books, but all I bought was some reduced Christmas cards, they are always useful.
We came back via Wendover and Tring, but avoided the bypass as the mist had turned to fog. We decided to call in on Daughter and Son in Law. Daughter was out shopping, and they were getting ready for visitors. However, Daughter soon returned and we were given the task of entertaining Baby whilst they carried on with their preparation. I took Baby out of his snow suit and realised he needed changing so I was sent upstairs to do the necessary. I took off his vest and sat him up whilst I found a clean one. He reached forward for something and at the same time toppled sideways. I executed  a nifty catch as he rolled off the  changing mat.
He is getting into everything. His Dad came and helped with the hunt for clean clothes and we soon had him clean and sweet smelling.
I took him downstairs and as I sat with him on my lap, he leaned forward and grabbed my hair and pulled. I managed to get him to let go, then he grabbed both cheeks and pinched. I said 'Ow', and Daughter in passing said, 'Oh, he is into faces at the moment.' He grabbed a chunk of hair again, and whilst pulling hard also tweaked my nose, then grabbed my lip. I managed to free my hair, but had my ear twisted instead. Husband was highly amused.We took some photos of him, then came home as the time for their visitors was getting near.
I managed to locate a copy of the Martin Chuzzlewit DVD, which I placed in husband's stocking. We have watched a few episodes, and I am beginning to get the characters sorted out. After watching the first episode, husband was spurred on to finish the book. It has been hanging around for at least 3 if not 5 years. I will miss it. We also watched an episode of  Midsomer Murders which I'd had on my Amazon wish list. I only got 2 items this year from the list. Mostly I received money, which I had already spent in anticipation.
My new warm lined boots and cloche hat are now paid for and I don't feel guilty.
butter wouldn't melt....
Now what do I do?
Mischief? me?
well.... Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment