Tuesday 17 July 2012

A lunch, a tea and some heavy metal.

Things changed around a bit again last week, Daughter had to go on a health and safety course, which was being held on Wednesday, so she decided to work Wednesday and Thursday. So I had to collect Nathaniel and bring home back here before going off to Weightwatchers, I didn't have much hope had been overtired and snacking, mindless eating really, but had cut down drastically to my daily points for 2 days and had in fact lost one pound, so that's three more to go to get back to pre holiday weight. Nat got bored sitting in the buggy, and kept pulling one shoe off, in the end I took it away  from him, and he then pulled the sock off from that foot with his teeth, (wish I was that flexible)and proceeded to stick his sweaty foot on the leg of the lady sitting the other side of the buggy. I told him off, but she was very forgiving, it's amazing how many people say what a cheeky little face he has. I let him walk back to the car, then when we parked at Sainsbury's  I let him walk for a while holding on to the trolley, to try and use up some energy. However he began to mess about, so I started to lift him into the trolley, A young South African lady came to help and said to him 'Stop giving your Granny grief', he was soon flirting with her and giggling, he could charm the ducks off the pond. Once he was in the trolley I had to watch I didn't go too near things like jars of mayo, as a little hand kept reaching out to grab.
Back home I quickly unpacked the car, then brought him in, put away the cold stuff, and started on his lunch. he was quite happy to go for a nap, and I managed a doze too. Time passed so quickly after I got him up, and husband came home as I was getting him ready for home, so he helped me get him in the car and came up with me. We admired Daughter's latest purchase for him, a tent. It could be a circus tent, but I think it's a mediaeval pavilion.
 I made shepherds pie out of leftover lamb, but it didn't seem to brown very quickly in the top oven, I must buy an oven thermometer. to check the temperatures. We were both tired and spent the evening relaxing. My food processor isn't working properly, and I'm not sure what to do, Braun have an office in the UK, so I may contact them, the actual processor came from Germany.
On Thursday  I took Nathaniel for a longer walk in the buggy going via Dunelm Mill, as I had found out that my baking trays do not fit the new oven. It was the day of the Women's hour lunch, and whilst I hadn't been for weeks as Nat had been napping, I was feeling desperate for some fellowship. I suddenly discovered that Nat was asleep, maybe if he stayed asleep he would sleep in the car too, so hope began to dawn.
We got home and I left him to sleep in the buggy, whilst I prepared a wrap for me and some small rolls for him. I gathered stuff together, including his booster seat, and put them in the car, then lifted him from the buggy, carried him to the sofa, and he slumbered on. I got the buggy into the car, but as I transferred  Nat he woke up. I hoped he might doze off again, but he didn't, just gazed out of the car window.
When we arrived he was very clingy and wouldn't even look at the pastor's wife. He clung tightly to my neck, for a while, then N arrived, they used to play together when I was able to get to Women's hour. Then L came with her Mum and baby sister. L is about year older than Nat, and N about 6 months.
As he heard them talking, he gradually looked around, then when they opened the french doors and went outside, that was too much for him. He wriggled down from my lap and decided to follow them. So I got some fellowship, and he had a wonderful time exploring A's garden learning how to walk on a stepping stone path, jumping, shouting, dabbling in the bird bath and getting soaked. I sat where I could see him after lunch. A provides soup, then we have what we brought with us, then A provides dessert, and at 3 pm cake, It was a lovely sunny day, and  we both enjoyed it. Nat was eyeing the cake on various people's plates, so I had to distract him and give him some of mine.
When we got home I put his booster seat down just inside the back door and he decided to sit in it and fasten himself in.
The only problem being that he cannot then unfasten it. Many times I have gone to put him in the seat only to have to put him down whilst I unfasten it.
I took him home, and chatted to daughter for a while, then home to cook pork steaks. The top oven is definitely not as hot as my old one.
On Friday, a day off from child care,  I checked to see if my old cooker was there at 8.00 am, I was told that the men started at 6.30. It had gone. I thought, that's efficient, then at 9.45 the doorbell rang, it was 2 men from the Council to collect the cooker! We know exactly the time it went and who took it, thanks to the CCTV. He dragged it up the steps alone. I suppose he is a scrap metal dealer. I must ring the council to see if they can return the fee which I paid. Instead of knuckling down to housework, I rang our old friends C&C, and went to see them, they are always grateful for a visit, and the husband tends to pop out to the shops whilst I am there, the wife has very bad health problems and is almost blind, she is frustrated because the Doctors don't have an answer to what makes her feel so ill, but it could be side effects of the 13 tablets she takes every day.
I came home for lunch, did a bit of tidying, then had to go out as I had booked  a haircut. I feel so much better when it is done, it gets so untidy when it is longer and I don't have time to use a hairdryer, when my shoulder was bad I couldn't cope with it anyway. Friday evening was spent making a summer pudding, only the blackcurrants came from our garden; then we watched a DVD.
I awoke with a start on Saturday morning, thinking, 'Oh help, I have to be at the airport', but then realised, no, that was Sunday, I hadn't really missed a day. We did the shopping at Sainsbury's then went to buy a new shower head, ours get so blocked as we live in a chalky area. I had already replaced the connector tube the previous week Then home, and jacket potatoes for lunch, whilst they cooked made salmon rolls, then off to church for the church anniversary. We were still getting wet weather interspersed with the odd sunny day. It was so cold on Saturday that the church heating was on!
The visiting speaker was good, then teatime, the salmon rolls all went, so did the Summer pudding. I had a small portion, then a tiny bit of pavlova that was left on the serving dish. At the 6pm meeting he spoke about the Great Ejection, it is 350years since that happened, and some evangelical churches are celebrating 350 years of existence this year.
Well time to go, husband will be home soon and I need to vacuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment