Tuesday 13 November 2012

Your friendly pharmacist

I forgot to mention that on Friday we were well along the M25 when I let out a shriek as I realised I had forgotten to pack my meds. We had come too far to turn back, so I decided that I would have to go into the village to the pharmacy after breakfast on Saturday. My meds are the thing which I usually pack first.
Husband dropped me off at the pharmacy, and I explained my predicament. They couldn't sell me just enough for the weekend, but were able to supply a pack of each for a fee. I normally get mine free, have done for years because thyroxine is considered essential.
I had to give my home details, my Doctor's name and address, then had a 20 minute wait during which I strolled round the village. There is a lovely hardware store in the village and they had exactly the right shade of polyanthus which I had been unable to find locally to go in the centre of one of my planters.
I picked one up, then strolled around the shop. Some of the joggers that I wear for warmth in the winter had been looking sad and faded, so I had given them a new lease of life by dying them in the same shade. I had also bought some with a white stripe down the side, I wasn't keen on the stripe. Anyway, I bought yet more navy dye in the hardware store. So my trip into the village was profitable.
I can thoroughly reccomend talking to your local pharmacist, they are very highly trained, and most helpful.
I also paid less for the private prescription than I would have if I paid the NHS rate!

No comments:

Post a Comment