Sunday 28 March 2010

Another Sunday, where do the weeks go?

Well I had a very good Birthday thank you, I took cakes to the ladies prayer meeting, and they all sang Happy Birthday. In the evening we  met the family at a small hotel/restaurant that we had not been to before. It was very reasonable. One of our elders and his wife were there for their anniversary, but their meal was almost over, so we did not annoy them too much! Actually for a small place it was quite crowded and a table of men made a lot of noise. Husband assures me that the table of women on his side made almost as much noise, but I was not close enough to hear. I was good with a starter, melon and grapefruit cocktail, but I didn't resist the bread roll as I usually do. I then had sea bass, but they served too many potatoes. The men all had steak which was served on boards with the chips in a little basket. Daughter had rack of lamb and Daughter in Law a chicken supreme risotto. Husband and I had hot chocolate fondant puds, I love the way the choc just oozes out when you put your spoon in, Daughter and Son-in-Law shared one and the other two had ice cream. This was followed by coffee and home made chocolates.
 They bought me flowers,  chocolates, a Gervaise Finn book, and I got an iou for a DVD. apparently some of my Amazon wish list is hard to get. The best present though was a framed photo of all 4 of them, this was a belated anniversary gift. It is black and white, and the two lads are reclining on the floor with the girls sitting behind them. We will treasure it, and must find somewhere to display it.
 Part of  Friday was spent  ferrying Daughter around as her car went in for service.I also managed to get some ironing done.
Saturday we took the car as after we had shopped we went to the garden centre to replace several pots which had split due to all the bad weather. I was also tempted by a ready made up pot which looks good outside the front door. I'm hoping it is too heavy for someone to make off with. I also found some pretty orchid clips which I have been looking for for ages.  A terracotta trough in which to plant some climbers to climb our back porch completed the purchases. As usual I gulped when I heard the total.
We remembered the clock change, but both felt very tired; however  I did manage to fit in a walk, my first for days. Hope you all have a good week and that it doesn't snow where you are. My daffs are coming along nicely now.

No comments:

Post a Comment