Wednesday 10 March 2010

Coming down to earth

Well after last week I am slowly getting back into some sort of routine. it was good to be back in our church on Sunday, and we enjoyed having an LTS student with us. we had stopped at an M&S simply food on the motorway, and stocked up for the weekend. I had a joint of pork in the freezer which I defrosted, and I could only buy ready prepared veg, so I was eased in a bit on Sunday. M&S welsh cakes and some rather naughty cup cakes did us for tea.
On Monday I had to go into town to collect what turned out to be an unstamped anniversary card from the sorting office, so did more shopping in M&S. We do not have much in the way of town centre supermarkets except for a small Asda at the other end of town. I was going to walk up, but my shopping bag was rather heavy, so I came on the bus.
Not much has changed about the town centre, no further closures, but annoyingly we are now going to get yet another betting shop in a prime position. One has also been approved in a former bank, but I suppose that this is to be expected as Nu lab seem to have relaxed all the rules on gambling.
I don't think that I mentioned that Son and Daughter in Law had been down again at the weekend. They stayed here Friday night and on Saturday went to the town to which they are relocating to search for rented accommodation till their house sells. Son has also applied for a job in that area, his wife already has one lined up. Son will really need to work as they will still be paying a mortgage as well as rent. Please pray that he may get a full time permanent post soon. He has also registered with an agency. They will probably have to settle for a much smaller property, as the area where they live is much cheaper, but being nearer to London will hopefully help with Son's employment prospects.
They called in to see us and took away some chocolates, from the Chocolate house and some biscuits we had brought back.
I accompanied daughter and husband on another second viewing of a house on Monday. It is going quite cheap, but a problem with damp. House prices around here are artificially high because there is such a shortage on the market.
Yesterday I seemed very tired after my walk an did not achieve what I had hoped to.
Today I was up very early, I'd had a vivid dream and woke up with a 'dead' arm as it had been under my head. So I got up. I was due at the endodontist in Borehamwood at 9 am. I left about an hour for the journey, but the approach to the M1 is always choc a block as we have 2 roundabouts and everyone who comes off the M1 wants to turn right to the trading estate, thus slowing down those wanting to get on the M1.
I made it with just over 10 minutes to spare. She took out a deep filling and put in a dressing, and I have to wait 6 weeks to see what happens.
I had printed out my shopping list, so headed straight for our local Sainsbury's and got home with enough time to unpack the shopping and have some soup and fruit before heading off for parent and toddlers.There were not so many there today, but there is a biting, freezing wind with grey skies. Maybe we are heading for another ice age!
I have to go into town again tomorrow morning, so that is another walk. In the meantime I have received a form so that I can book my own cardiologist's appointment online; that will be an interesting experience

No comments:

Post a Comment