Friday 30 April 2010

Friday frustrations

Well, Friday already.just a hasty update. Not a very exciting week really. I can't even remember much about what I did on Tuesday, probably because I have been getting to bed far too late and  consequently am tired Husband had that troublesome tooth extracted, so worked from home. I never seem to get on the same when he is at home. He was quite subdued afterwards, refused lunch and I had to rethink dinner as I don't think he could have coped with sausage. I made cottage pie with some left over beef.
He hasn't had much in the way of soreness thank the Lord. and has coped ok with work.
I have been feeling a bit Bolshie lately, is it old age, Meldrewism? I don't know. On Wednesday I had just arrived home from Sainsbury's dumped the shopping bags, and was on my way to the bathroom urgently, when the doorbell rang. I had to pass the door so answered it. Oh no! Jehovah's witnesses. I was as polite as I could be, but they seemed to want a long debate on the Holy spirit. I pointed out I had been on my way to the bathroom, and they said 'Oh we mustn't keep you' but then carried on talking. I said I really HAVE to go to the toilet, and cut them short.
I don't know whether I should bless or curse my weak bladder, at least I got away quicker,but if I had ignored the doorbell and they had seen me through the glass it would have seemed very rude.
I was on duty at parent and toddlers, we were quite busy, but someone put the musical instruments out and we couldn't hear ourselves think. My head was ringing when I left.
Yesterday I got a bit Bolshie again. Our phone hardly ever rings since our family flew the coop, but it rang. You can always tell can't you by the tone,' hello I'm Jason' Your brain just says 'Oh no! sales call', anyway he asked to speak to Mrs Hackett, who is actually my neighbour. In full grumpy old woman mode I said, 'well you could if she lived here' He was abit taken aback, but recovered and asked me how long I had lived here. I was on the point of pointing out that we are on the telephone preference list precisely  because of people like him ,but as he thought I was my neighbour I might have confuse him further. It turned out he was selling will services, so I said 'Oh wills, got those thanks' and he went.
Maybe it's all the politicians talking that are getting me down. last night when they replayed Gordon Brown  saying I know how to look after the economy, I could have fallen off my seat laughing. Wasn't he the one who was doing away with boom and bust? Not too keen on Cameron, or Clegg, who is an atheist, but as I vote for the local candidate whom I think will do best for us, I think I may have decided.
Well another Bank Holiday weekend, another forecast of rain, why am I not surprised? Well Husband home now I expect he wants his computer back.

No comments:

Post a Comment