Friday 18 June 2010

Cheese sandwich anyone ?

Well folks another mystery this week. One morning husband came into the bedroom and asked 'Did you do me a sandwich last night?' Sleepily I said, 'yes, cheese, in the fridge'. Quite a speech for me for early morning.When he came home from work I asked 'Did you find the sandwich?' 'No I bought one' said he.
Cue for opening fridge door, hunting for sandwich, not there; checked freezer, cupboard, bin, any where a tired and pain ridden body might have accidentally placed sandwich. 'But I'm sure I made it', I can recall placing the last bit of cheese in the corner and wondering why some bread gets holes in. Or am I thinking back to last week's cheese sandwich with the placing of the cheese? I'm sure I can remember buttering the bread, with the hole in it. Or was that the previous night's sandwich? I don't know, I am baffled. Did one of us sleepwalk during the night and consume said sandwich? I really don't think so, but if anyone finds a cheese sandwich that looks a bit lost, please place it in the nearest bin, the cheese will be sweating by now.
Things have been pretty much the same lately, C the leader of parents and toddlers rang me and asked was I there that day. 'Yes' said I, 'registration' 'Good' she said 'you are the only one from the original list and there have been so many swappings. 'Yes I swapped with V last week, as she couldn't be there, that's how I came to do 2 weeks in a row'. Holidays, illness sudden appointments, all make for alterations to the list.
We had many more children and parents this week, I daresay that they have the same problems as us. so sometimes can't make it.
Ladies meeting was a book review and I noticed that all the Christian books reviewed seemed to have a theme, dealing with difficulties. Some think that the Christian life is a bed of roses, well it is really, as roses do have lots of thorns!
The garden is still doing well, we've had enough peppers from the pepper plant to justify having bought it, and I've harvested some herbs and frozen them.
Yesterday coming back from putting my car away I met D, whose daughter got married 2 weeks ago. Her sister was with her with her new pup.He is gorgeous a ball of white fluff. D is feeling deflated after the wedding. I know the feeling well, so much planning and then nothing. I still can't pass a wedding dress shop without having a peek. D, B and I discussed K, a father from primary school days who died a couple of weeks ago, he was the same age as me, Scarey!
Btw the osteopath was pleased with my back, but I didn't mention the neck and shoulder, Coward! I used my TENs machine on it today, and could feel the muscle lifting. Daughter came round last evening and lay on my sofa for a rest. Husband was going to be late home. We watched her tummy moving with some amusement, obviously junior was having exercise time. Daughter is complaining she cannot eat much as her stomach is bit compressed.
The sad news this week is of the passing of husband's aunt. She has been ill for some time, really, so in a way it is a relief that she is no longer suffering, although as far as I know she didn't complain a lot. She was a lovely lady, very down to earth, you knew exactly where you stood with her, and she had a tremendous sense of fun. She will be very much missed by all the family. our thoughts and prayers are with her children and grandchildren, and great grand children.
We had lovely sunshine here yesterday, and I managed to get out in the garden for a bit with my afternoon cuppa. I decided whilst in town to get some folding camp type chairs in Millets, one I chose, had snazzy stripes, but was £19.99, the other a plain one was £12.99. As I approached the till  the assistant said,' That striped one isn't in the special offer,' 'No I know' said I. 'Oh' he said as he entered them in the till, 'yes it is in the offer, 2 for£20', so I got areal bargain there.
Well I must go as I have to collect husband's dry cleaning, I've forgotten it 2 days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment