Sunday 3 October 2010

Still de-cluttering by degrees.

After Tuesday's trip to London I felt pretty tired, but managed to get up early enough on Wednesday. I was getting ready for the Sainsbury's run, when I got a text from Son-in -Law asking if I would pop up to see daughter as she felt unwell. I drove up there and let myself in and called to her. She was upstairs with Baby, so I went up. She had been feeding him, but had been feeling icy cold then hot and sweaty. I said it sounded like another infection. I took Baby downstairs to wind him, and Daughter came down later saying she could not get a Doctor's appointment. I was due to babysit later that day whilst she went to the dentist, and asked if she wanted to cancel. She said 'No' She would be ok. She still seemed a bit tearful, but I said I would be back after my Sainsbury's trip. I rushed around Sainsbury's, for once thankful not to meet any friends, dashed home dropped flowers into water, put away cold stuff in fridge and dashed out again.
When I arrived she was almost ready to go, just a quick chat about what to do if he needed feeding, and she was off. We were fine at first, but as the time wore on my singing and jigging were not enough for him, so I carried him to the kitchen, and one handedly got a teat and screwed it on the ready prepared bottle of formula. He seemed very hungry and gulped it down, but he certainly gets lots more wind with formula than with breast milk. Daughter came back with a frozen mouth, she decided she would be ok on her own, so I came home, had a bowl of soup, settled down to read the paper and fell asleep.
I eventually unpacked the rest of the shopping, and started to prepare a shepherd's pie with some left over lamb. I soon realised that there would be too much for 2 of us, so made up 2. I also made up a jug of gravy, and took one of the pies and the jug to daughter. By this time it was pelting down with rain. Her husband was on his way home, she had asked him to come early, so I rang him and picked him up from Sainsbury's. He would have been like drowned rat otherwise. 
In the car he told me he was thinking of taking her down to the hospital.When that took away most of our hospital services we were left with a GP service till 8pm and a walk in 24 hr 'Urgent Care' centre. I was pleased later on to get a text saying she now had an antibiotic. We have a pharmacy that stays open till 10pm. She also got a prescription for the special dressings, but the pharmacy do not stock them so had to order them.
Thursday was spent doing housework and tidying, sorting papers and shredding those not needed. I managed to get to Ladies' meeting, which was good. I had a really bad night on Thursday as our central heating pump is faulty and hums during the night even when the heating is totally switched off.
On Friday it was raining again, and I set off in waterproof to buy papers, and redeliver an envelope pushed through my door which had the correct house number, but was the wrong road. By the time I found it I was almost in town, so carried on into town and bought papers there. I also withdrew the money to pay the electricity bill, then got the bus back up.I made up some butternut squash and red pepper soup, which is low fat, and I scoffed two small bowls of it. There is still loads left. I was miffed to find  had missed a parcel, there was a card through the door.
Daughter rang later sounding much brighter, she had seen a breastfeeding counsellor in Luton who had given her some advice and said that the 'op' site was healing well. She asked if she could come round later, so I said 'of course'. I was preparing fish pie, and we chatted whilst I did so, then I went  through to the living room for some cuddle time. baby got very fractious, especially after being changed, and I said I thought he was just overtired. Daughter got out the sling, and we put him in it and he was quiet and fast sleep in no time.
She went off in time to pick up husband from the station, we had more tears getting baby into the car seat and dressing him warm for outdoors, but the crying stopped when he was on the move.
there were planning a trip to husband's parents yesterday, and one of their uni friends has her 30th. They declined the party, but were hoping to join the gang for brunch today, so we have had a quiet day today. Yesterday was town, via the sorting office, shopping then bus back up, there was a bit of confusion over the buses we ended up with one behind the other, but chose the one which actually had a driver, they change over in the town centre. Then after lunch we began emptying cupboards and carrying the contents upstairs. These cupboards have to be moved so that the plumber has access to all the radiators if needed. It's amazing what those cupboards hold, and I was soon off out for more plastic boxes. Another bag went to the charity shop yesterday morning too, but we both decide we need to sort the cupboard contents to see what we can ditch. We will have to be quick as Mum-in -Law hopes to come for a visit in the  next few weeks. She is longing to see her first great grandchild.  I need to chuck out some Sunday School stuff, haven't taught for a few years, and do I really need all my college notes on Word, Access and Excel?
Must go nearly time for my pre-church cuppa.
ps managed to contact S whom I mentioned wasn't answering her phone. Communication restored there thankfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment