Tuesday 26 June 2012

whether the weather be cold, or whether the weather be hot

Our second Sunday was pretty much the same as the first, I had bought lamb shanks in Sainsbury's but they were so big, and had a use by date before Sunday, so I cooked them in a casserole, then on the Sunday sliced one up, put it in the microwave with some of the juices and it was adequate for both of us. The other one was chopped up later and made a decent shepherd's pie.
I did take all of my Weight Watchers stuff to St Ives with me, but was finding it difficult pointing everything, so I decided to abandon the plan for the duration of the holiday. I wanted to be able to eat the odd bar of chocolate or ice cream without feeling guilty, there was a place on the harbour that sold about 30 different flavours, I hasten to add that I only tried a few!
I was doing plenty of walking, I'd left my pedometer at home it doesn't seem too accurate, maybe that cycle it went through on the washing machine didn't help. I also rediscovered the unpleasant sensation of having eaten too much. On the Sunday evening husband overslept again, so we missed church, I decided I would do my 'tour of St Ives', taking my camera. I zipped up my fleece and left by the back entrance and up the valley.

Along Albert Road, past the flat where we stayed for many years. This had been built on the corner of Albert road where a car park was.The Porthminster Hotel has also had a lot of building work done, building a terrace where the outdoor pool, was, building a spa where the indoor pool was, and the amazing 2 bed flats at £480,000. each

I went round the corner, along  Park Road, then downhill and across the Stennack
Then up Bullan's Lane, and down Porthmeor Hill.  there were surfers on the beach as usual
Then I walked round Porthgwidden, round to Bamaluz, and onto the harbour and pier
Porthgwidden

clear sea at end of pier


Seagulls on 'Lambeth walk beach'
Husband called when I was at the end of the pier and promised to come and join me. We met up on the wharf, and walked back together along Lambeth Walk, and up the Warren. The next 2 days were hot and sunny, but with a strong wind. I spent a few hours both days on the beach. Husband came to join me for awhile, he is not a sun lover. On the second day I was going over to the shop for drinks and husband said if they still did chips he would have some. As I walked back across the beach a seagull swooped, and I managed to move the chips out of his reach, he then came at me from the back, I felt his wings on my neck, but managed to shrug him off. I reached husband, chips intact. I wish people wouldn't feed the gulls!  On the Monday evening I had been up to the island for sunset again and husband joined me. It was a good sunset for a change.


So far so good, variable weather, but what was the rest of the week to be like? as I have to tidy the kitchen, I'll tell you later

No comments:

Post a Comment