Wednesday 30 January 2013

All I needed was the rain

Oh dear so much to catch up on, but really there doesn't seem much memorable about last week at all. Husband went to the dentist for a filling on  Tuesday, so worked from home. He rang me and said he would meet me in Sainsbo's, so I gingerly walked there and he gave me a lift back,. The pavements are never cleared and as it was so cold the snow turned to ice, and it was increasingly difficult to find bits of snow to walk on that weren't compacted ice.
I babysat for Daughter on Tuesday evening, when Son in Law had his belated birthday treat. It's a long time since I coped with putting 2 little people to bed, but I managed. Nathaniel had a good run around upstairs, and after I tucked him in and put out his light there wasn't a sound. Lydia had some formula, then chuckled gurgled and bounced for a while, then fell asleep in my arms. I put her to bed, then got out my laptop and watched Holby City on iplayer. The wanderers were not late returning, and I drove home along slushy uncleared roads, with a bit of a slide at one point
I still walked every day, but whichever way I go I have to cross a bridge unless I go into town. I scattered cat litter and sand and grit to help me put my car away, but even that wasn't good.  The cat litter was that which I had used to dry and de mustify the books, but it hadn't worked. On Wednesday the car park near the WW class was a sheet of ice again, the council men were sitting in a truck up the corner, having suspended bin collections to allegedly clear away snow. When I came out of the class, where my weight hadn't shifted, I saw that they had cleared a bit of the pavement and just scattered grit around the car park.
I made it to Women's hour where we made text cards for people in Zambia and Africa. Couldn't put my car away as someone had parked up by the fence again. Mind you there was plenty of room out the back, as everyone was too afraid of the little hill, so they all parked on the main road. I was sick of the sight of my walking boots, had tried the Rock face pair, but they still give me blisters. I also had muscle aches from walking differently. After Women's hour I popped round to see Daughter instead of getting on with filling in my hospital admission form.
On Friday evening it gradually got warmer outside, then it rained all night. Still the next morning I couldn't get my car into the garage, the access road was partially blocked with another car, my feet slipped on the ice there, my wheels spun sending up showers of ice, so I gave up. We went into town by car. There was more rain, enough so that there was hardly any snow left when we went to the morning service on Sunday. After lunch I put my car away, intending to go for a walk later, but it rained heavily, so I caught up on my blog ,and attempted the Saturday telegraph Gk Crossword.
I rang my friend C, who came home from hospital lastweek after 7 weeks in there with a broken ankle.
Today I had lost a pound. I went to Sainsbo's and didn't spend as much, but bought a couple of ready meals as I will be a bit handicapped next week. I'm not sure when I will be able to write my blog again, as it will be a bit slow with just my left hand. I'm being admitted tomorrow, DV, at 12 noon for my shoulder op. I may be in a sling for some time. Please pray that all will go well, I will stay calm and that my BP won't shoot up as it usually does.
I met someone today who worked at my children's primary school. She told me that one of the former teachers, who retired to France a good few years ago,(early retirement) had passed away. Scarey as she was the same age as me. I may not have mentioned before that another friend from my Chester days went to be with the Lord recently. P was 60, and after a recurrence of Non Hodgkin's lymphoma, had had a donor stem cell transplant, but then had been quite ill. Please pray for his wife and 4 grown up children, and his parents in their 80s who have lost both of their boys to cancer.
Anyway, on a happier note, I found something small in our garden which brings us hope and a promise of spring. I will write again when I can.
Snowdrops!

No comments:

Post a Comment