Monday 4 January 2010

Bits and Pieces

Well not much unusual happened yesterday. It was cold, but bearable. One thing about having someone helping in your kitchen is that they don't know exactly where your things go. I knew I had bought carrots, but could I find them?. In the end I found them in the veg rack, logical perhaps, but they were still in the Sainsbury's bag, and I always keep my carrots in the fridge, not wrapped in plastic. My kitchen is so warm that anything other than potatoes in the veg rack goes soggy. I managed to find one small peeler, but my best one is still missing. Still, mustn't grumble,I hardly had to wash up for 2 weeks. My sister and I used to joke that when our Mum had been it took about 3 months to find everything. Everyone hung around for ages after church last night chatting, it's good.
Today well I didn't seem to get on with much, I had the attention span of a gnat. Popped in and out of rooms vaguely tidying, stripped a bed, gathered some stuff together to take to the ironers. I have 3 lots of bed linen to iron including 2 king size duvets, plus 2 large tablecloths, so I will treat myself and get them back all neat.
In my pottering I managed to unearth a Martin Lloyd Jones CD someone had lent to us, it was hiding behind a plant arrangement I had for Christmas, (I must write a thank you note or 2)
I did my usual brisk walk to Sainsbury's,I must learn to go earlier' Lunchtime is always busy,but by keeping eyes and ears open managed to slip in when a new till was opened. Home to a bowl of soup I made a few days ago. I have been quite good today, but I did open the nuts at the weekend. No one opened them at Christmas and as they are ready shelled it's too easy to sneak one as I go past. I'm afraid I dozed after lunch, I must have a terrific sleep debt. I'm finding Ovaltine helps me sleep atm. Decided to wrap and post a bit of Son's Christmas present which arrived the day after he left, wrote cheque for a bill, and wrote a Birthday card. I had a shock when I went out again, it was so cold still. Got car out of garage, perturbed to see ice crystals on windscreen. Noticed lovely sunset reflected with trees in local church windows. Why have I never got a camera when I need one? Perhaps I should keep my HP in the car.
Checked bird table after getting a reproachful look from a blackbird, put cheese and suet out. Hope it doesn't freeze. I had just warmed up,when husband arrived and let all the cold air in again. One of our radiators isn't working, and it's not the one by his desk. He fiddled with it but no joy. After dinner, he was pleased that he had had a letter printed in the Mail. we sat down to watch a Midsomer Murders DVD, The Glitch. we love looking at the locations as much as anything else, most of it is filmed fairly near here.
Must go to bed soon, I have to go to the osteopath tomorrow, a 6 monthly visit. I'd better not move the Christmas tree too soon! Not looking forward to stripping to under wear for treatment Brrrr! Oh well at least it's not dental clinic, other half goes tomorrow, but it's near his work. Hope it doesn't snow too soo, as he might not get there

No comments:

Post a Comment