Thursday 14 January 2010

Still trying to get back to Normal (whatever that is)

Well yesterday we woke up to more snow, this is getting boring. Husband had got up the back hill, but had people sliding in front of him on way up our road. He turned round and came home and got his work laptop out. I took a phone call from Son-in-law - all trains cancelled could he come round and use our Broadband to work from home. When they were both settled I debated whether to use the car for my Sainsbury run, then decided to do what I did last week, walk and bring back what I thought I could carry. I took husband's walking pole, big mistake. It was ok on the way there but not with shopping to carry. Unfortunately, I always overestimate what I can carry. 3 bags full is what I got, but I definitely spend less, how this works out over the week I haven't worked out yet. It doesn't help my neck shoulder and back problems though.
The snow was a very fine snow almost like a drizzle, but we had about another inch. The canal bridge and slope on Sainsbury side was lethal again, on the way back I had 2 women in front of me with 10 kids between them, who were somewhat impeding my progress. One was peppering her conversation with the same four letter word over and over again. Don't they realise how awful it sounds? I hope they won't be surprised when their kids start to swear.
In the afternoon I caught up with the ironing, better let them see me doing something, I can't have them thinking I am slob of the year. Daughter called on her way home to collect her husband, We were all astounded to read in the local paper that only 21 main roads in the town are to be gritted, the hill up to our road, our road, which ends in a steep hill, and the road which branches off, a bus route and another steep hill are not to be included. Of course the Government have now taken control of the grit distribution. Typical, they couldn't organise a bunfight in a bakery.
Today I made it to weightwatchers, and learned the Christmas weight gain I had was not anywhere near the high end of the range. I had driven into town and parked about a quarter of a mile from the church hall where it is held. Of course this is the end of town where the pavements are still lethal,and the light drizzle (rain) had stoppped I always wear the same clothes to be weighed in apart from thicker tights, and boots, which I removed to be weighed. I usually look a bit like a scarecrow in cold weather, joggers, and sweatshirt for warmth. I missed them today.
I didn't have time to change before the lades meeting, the small hall was cold today, so we kept coats on. After a short report on some missionaries in Haiti, who thank God are safe, we launched into our favourite hymns. I had 3 but chose'It is well with my soul' as overall favourite. The story behind it is so inspiring. We sang it at father-in-laws funeral,and I fully intend to have it at mine , although I will not be able to hear it. We did miss the men for the bass line. My other 2 favourites atm are Great is thy Faithfulness, and Come ye sinners poor and needy, but it must be to Bryn Calfaria. I love the Welsh tunes, perhaps I could be an honorary Welsh woman, I can say Borre da and iaoun diolch, I think that is the spelling. I dare say Alan will correct me if I am wrong.
When I got home I had to change into joggers etc and found some slipper socks I bought last time we stayed in the Lakes. I must have warmed up as I fell asleep.
I don't think that it is just the late nights at present I don't think I am sleeping properly I still get a lot of pain when I move, from last week's fall. Especially if I lie on my back or turn over. I remember last time I did this I woke myself up every time I turned over. Oh well all things pass as they say, I will just have to hold on.

No comments:

Post a Comment