Friday 8 January 2010

The freeze goes on and on.......

Needless to say I did skip weightwatchers yesterday, I'm finding it hard to be motivated with anything. I felt quite stiff and sore. I have been trying to sort out Christmas decorations and cards, the former for the loft, the latter for checking against my sent list. I did venture out to Sainsbury's and brought back what I couldn't carry on Wednesday. Husband was still working from home, daughter still off sick, I think the former has something to do with my lack of motivation.
I had a lovely long doze in the afternoon once I had got comfortable, I have to be careful how I sit as my back jars.
In the evening we watched the first part of the DVD which I had managed to find, Return to Cranford. I do enjoy Cranford, but get a bit irked at the way it strays from the books. We read it as a class book when I was in the third form, and I can recall us rolling round in our desks laughing at some bits. I was at what is now described as 'a 1950's all girls Grammar school', we were actually far less boy mad than the girls I see coming out of schools these days. Sadly some of them bend uniform rules so much they look like hookers. We were told off by prefects if we were caught on the bus without our beret on.
Today, as yesterday, we have had snow flurries, it was -7C in our back garden last night, Nowhere near Manchester's -16C. Hope son and daughter-in-law have their thermals on. I had a bath to try and ease stiffness from fall, but then found it painful getting out of bath. I had a walk to shop, still treacherous in parts, I am very careful where I walk.
I managed to scrape all the ice off my car. Husband had gone into work today, so I hoped to get up the hill at the back, if he can I can, managed it and got to laundry to pick up ironing, they apologised they were running a day late, but mine was done. I am glad I didn't go yesterday. Got back and struggled to get car in garage. (See before Christmas blogs). Car parked by fence again, wheels started to spin, so gave up and parked in rear garage parking area. I put my old frost shield across so hopefully it will not be as bad next time. Daughter rang, she was sent home from work, could she come round? Of course! gave her sympathy,(she doesn't drink tea). Others in her office have a 'bug' so it may be that it was a coincidence that hers happened after jab.
I made a lovely warming stew for dinner, but felt guilty that there was not enough to invite daughter and husband. Am a big softy really. Checked up on Mother-in-law, she has enough food and has had an offer of shopping from a more able neighbour. friends from church usually take her shopping, but they are not risking it this week.
Have conducted an experiment this evening; the indoor/outdoor thermometer sits above husband's desk, which is by a radiator. I moved it to near the non-working radiator and there is a 5 degree F difference. No wonder when I say I am cold he doesn't believe me. We will attempt to bleed radiator tomorrow. If that doesn't work, we will get it looked at when it gets warmer. We were planning to go to an induction tomorrow in Loughborough, a young man brought up in our church is taking on a pastorate there, but i think we will just have to be with them 'in spirit'
We do not want to travel unless absolutely necessary.
Husband fell asleep, so I will have to wait to see second episode of Cranford. well I suppose it lasts longer that way.

1 comment:

  1. I`ve struggled to get motivated and into this year too. It doesn`t quite feel normal yet, with the kids off school with the weather. Meant to say before but forgot, please would you post your cauli and bacon soup recipe sometime. That would be great.

    ReplyDelete