Saturday 9 January 2010

Just an observation

have you noticed? Some ladies are posting just one word as a colour on their Facebook pages. This apparently is to do with an item of underwear, and is 'raising awareness of breast cancer'. Personally I fail to see the logic in this.
When I spent a probationary year as a WPC with Cheshire Constabulary, we often dealt with what are termed 'Nuisance calls'.

Sometimes these perverts rang women up and asked the colour of the underwear that the recipient was wearing. So called nuisance calls can be very upsetting, indeed I have been the recipient of 3 such calls since we have lived here, not of the underwear, variety, but in each call a certain four letter word, was used, the use of which I deplore. On the first occasion, I got very upset, and went to visit a neighbour, who told me both she and another friend had had indecent calls, the second having mentioned the friend's five year old daughter.

Perhaps I am old fashioned, but if women get upset by a pervert asking the colour of their underwear, why on earth should we want to advertise it to the whole Facebook world? Could it lead to more of these nuisance calls?
The colour of my underwear will remain my own private business.

No comments:

Post a Comment